Loading...
The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.

Similarities I've noticed so far between this and BB...

Posts: 443
I've been watching for ten minutes. I've noticed two similarities so far between this and Batman Begins, and I'm sure you guys can point out more.

Christian Bale is in some kind of prison in the beginning of both films, with a very similar color scheme.

In BB, Caine asks Bale how long he'll be staying in Gotham, to which Wayne replies, "As long as it takes." In Prestige, the hotel receptionist asks Angier how long he'll be staying, to which he replies, "As long as it takes."
Posts: 962
Location: portugal
coincidence and i dont know why are you making this such a big deal...
Posts: 827
Location: Cardiff, UK
lionsaulter wrote:coincidence and i dont know why are you making this such a big deal...


Yeah I agree tbh I'm afraid.

Sort of reminds me when some people say it was Nolan's destiny to do Batman, simply because the Bat symbol is in Following and Memento.
Posts: 443
I'm not making a big deal, I thought it would be interesting to point out. Is it a coincidence that a majority of Stanley Kubrik films feature a shot of a long hallway or that distinctive stare his characters do?


I'm not saying that he necessarily did it on purpose, but it is the same director, and he made these movies in the same time span.

I just thought it was intersting :(
Posts: 61
Location: Oklahoma
The Bat symbols can be found in Following and Memento?
:batface:
Posts: 827
Location: Cardiff, UK
sanford wrote:The Bat symbols can be found in Following and Memento?
:batface:



aye :lol:

Following (By me btw lol)
Image

Memento
Image
Posts: 491
JimmyFraska wrote:I'm not making a big deal, I thought it would be interesting to point out. Is it a coincidence that a majority of Stanley Kubrik films feature a shot of a long hallway or that distinctive stare his characters do?


I'm not saying that he necessarily did it on purpose, but it is the same director, and he made these movies in the same time span.

I just thought it was intersting :(


The hallway thing is a cinematic trick. A long, empty space can be used to interpret certain emotions. As for the stare, well, that's just acting. :mrgreen:
← Return to The Prestige
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests.