Favorite scene - The Prestige

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
OVERMAN wrote:When The Professor humiliates The Great Danton in front of the whole audience after manipulating the double.
Okay yeah that's a favorite for me as well. Great scene, and well performed by Bale.

So many to choose from really!

But the one scene that really sticks out in my mind is when Angier reveals himself to Cutter in his Lord guise. I absolutuely love Cutter's reaction to a man he saw lying dead in the mortuary suddenly turn up out of the blue alive and well. It's just the sheer mix of fear, shock and anger he experiences is very believably portrayed. For a man who knows all the tricks in the book, literally, to witness something that he in his expertise knows is not a trick is a very traumatic moment for him.

Michael Caine's performance so unlike the the more mannered (dare I say ham?) acting you would find in a typical 'genre' film, and just typifies the performance of the whole cast.

For this scene and the previous one where Cutter tells Angiers he won't go to visit Tesla with him ("obsession is young man's game") Caine deserved a third oscar.

Ending-Some were disappointed and some loved it. The film itself is like a magic trick, and I think the ending is the entire point of expectations, being surprised, but also let down by the simplicity of it. Very moving stuff as well on both ends.

Tesla warning Angier of his obsession and what will come of it

"Do you love me? Not today. No"

Angier finding out the notebook was a trick.

The ending was simply great :P

The opening and the ending were beautifully executed. I loved the way in wich these scenes complete each other thus letting the movie come full circle.

I would say all the scenes revolving around Tesla's machine. There is so much suspense built around it, and David Bowie's performance is just spectacular.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Towards the end of the movie when Bordon is reading Angier's diary and finds out he might still be alive and Bordon has that WTF look on his face.

The dinner scene with Alfie, ScarletJO, Sarah and Fallon. Just amazing acting by Bale...

I love the scene where Angier is reading his diary, and it's revealed that the diary is a fake, and Tesla was not really the method to Borden's trick. That entire scene is just edited together flawlessly, and the look on Angier's face is priceless. "She must help me rid ourselves of Angier." The first time I saw the movie and he said that line, my reaction was :o

I saw it again today, and wanna revise my decision.

That scene with the field of light bulbs is just magical.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.