What flaws do you see in Batman Begins.

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
JimmyFraska wrote:
Code_R wrote:The biggest flaws? The stupid characters added in for no reason - how many times does that guy say "It's gonna blow!!" (actually its twice, but it keeps cutting to him seeing the schematic, why?) and some others like that dumb kid or that "nice ride" guy. WTF. I also think the editing for the fights is pretty bad in places.

In TDK I think my biggest issue was the whole bat vision scene, really distracting. Along with the fact sonar does NOT work like that, it would be really hard to see but Bats can read things like "SWAT" on a guy's stab vest.
My question is why didn't he have the guy from Following do those lines, who was standing RIGHT THERE?

All I remember is he had some sort of caricature American accent, so any other lines would have probably made the scene even worse.

After watching it again (In an attempt to cope with my insomnia) I saw a few flaws that really bothered me

1. The suit - is just god awful in this movie I'm sorry. I once considered this my favorite movie of all time but the suit just killed it for me. It looks gray not black which kinda defeats the purpose and the cowl looks hideous and laughable. Also the Bat symbol on the chest isn't very appealing to say the least. The suit even looks like plastic at times. Luckily the Dark Knight suit looks amazing and I realize that Bruce is suppose to upgrade it throughout his Batman career but his initial suit was just the bane of the first movie for me. And Ra's' ninjas looked really lame at the end in the "I can't beat two of your pawns?" scene

2. The voice - I actually think The Dark Knight voice is a lot better and to be honest I can't imagine it being more effective any other way. He can't be Kevin Conroy because that would just look stupid and you're suppose to be intimidated when you hear him speak. Although I do hope Bale and Nolan figure out a better/cooler way to make Batman sound in TDKR

3. Batman's entrance in the finale - When Batman shoots himself across the river in the tumbler into the Narrows how on earth does he co-incidentely arrive to exactly where Gordon is?

4. Katie Holmes - She's really hot but unfortunately was really awkward in this movie. Maggie was better but it would have been pretty weird seeing her in Batman Begins especially with Bruce being so young right before he ran away from home to begin his training. All in all I'm not a big fan of the character Rachel Dawes but it could have been a lot better with a different actress and some tweaking with her script. And the part where she shoots Crane with the taser actually shocked me when I saw such a corny scene in a Nolan movie.

That's it, I loved everything else and I especially loved Ra's and Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow. Scarecrow in Batman Begins was actually the best version of the character ever in my opinion (although I wished he had a more prominent role). Same with Ra's but not as much as Crane. I'm glad Nolan improved in the sequel and I still thought Begins was a great movie and is still one of my all time favorites. Words cannot describe how excited I am for The Dark Knight Rises
"When art imitates life"

dafox wrote:After watching it again (In an attempt to cope with my insomnia) I saw a few flaws that really bothered me

1. The suit - is just god awful in this movie I'm sorry. I once considered this my favorite movie of all time but the suit just killed it for me. It looks gray not black which kinda defeats the purpose and the cowl looks hideous and laughable. Also the Bat symbol on the chest isn't very appealing to say the least. The suit even looks like plastic at times. Luckily the Dark Knight suit looks amazing and I realize that Bruce is suppose to upgrade it throughout his Batman career but his initial suit was just the bane of the first movie for me. And Ra's' ninjas looked really lame at the end in the "I can't beat two of your pawns?" scene

2. The voice - I actually think The Dark Knight voice is a lot better and to be honest I can't imagine it being more effective any other way. He can't be Kevin Conroy because that would just look stupid and you're suppose to be intimidated when you hear him speak. Although I do hope Bale and Nolan figure out a better/cooler way to make Batman sound in TDKR

3. Batman's entrance in the finale - When Batman shoots himself across the river in the tumbler into the Narrows how on earth does he co-incidentely arrive to exactly where Gordon is?

4. Katie Holmes - She's really hot but unfortunately was really awkward in this movie. Maggie was better but it would have been pretty weird seeing her in Batman Begins especially with Bruce being so young right before he ran away from home to begin his training. All in all I'm not a big fan of the character Rachel Dawes but it could have been a lot better with a different actress and some tweaking with her script. And the part where she shoots Crane with the taser actually shocked me when I saw such a corny scene in a Nolan movie.

That's it, I loved everything else and I especially loved Ra's and Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow. Scarecrow in Batman Begins was actually the best version of the character ever in my opinion (although I wished he had a more prominent role). Same with Ra's but not as much as Crane. I'm glad Nolan improved in the sequel and I still thought Begins was a great movie and is still one of my all time favorites. Words cannot describe how excited I am for The Dark Knight Rises
I am sorry for your opinions...except the one for Katie Holmes, where everyone agrees.

tykjen wrote:
dafox wrote:After watching it again (In an attempt to cope with my insomnia) I saw a few flaws that really bothered me

I am sorry for your opinions...except the one for Katie Holmes, where everyone agrees.
I actually agree with everything he's saying here.

christophmac wrote:
tykjen wrote:
I actually agree with everything he's saying here.
no shit sherlock. at least EVERYONE agrees on Katie..

I see no flaws. :judge:

m4st4 wrote:I see no flaws. :judge:
good...good "in palpatine's voice"

Probably my favorite Nolan film, but its flaws are certainly the little plot details we have to make up our own reasons to explain. For example, he refused to execute the prisoner, but then he proceeded to blow up the entire monastery, no doubt killing all League members inside, AND the prisoner he initially refused to kill.

JimmyFraska wrote:Probably my favorite Nolan film, but its flaws are certainly the little plot details we have to make up our own reasons to explain. For example, he refused to execute the prisoner, but then he proceeded to blow up the entire monastery, no doubt killing all League members inside, AND the prisoner he initially refused to kill.
I sometimes used to nag on this myself. But when Ducard asked "what are you doing!" Bruce simply replied "what is necessary my friend!" its hard to be a decent man in un decent times.

None.