Insomnia Blu-Ray Artwork Revealed

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
#1fan wrote:i find it kind of weird that he isn't known on DVD/Blu-Ray covers now as the director of Memento
I'm with you. I went to see Batman Begins because was "from the director of Memento"

Whoa, looks too blurry for Blu-Ray. :D Too much grain for my taste.

Mbah Cobb wrote:Whoa, looks too blurry for Blu-Ray. :D Too much grain for my taste.
haha, it's just a stylized poster. As for grain, I love film grain on Blu-ray. Blu-ray can properly resolve it, unlike DVD, so it looks excellent when it fits the tone of a film. I wouldn't want it in an animated flick, but something like The Seventh Seal? The film grain is beautiful in that movie. It looks incredible on Blu-ray.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Mbah Cobb wrote:Whoa, looks too blurry for Blu-Ray. :D Too much grain for my taste.
haha, it's just a stylized poster. As for grain, I love film grain on Blu-ray. Blu-ray can properly resolve it, unlike DVD, so it looks excellent when it fits the tone of a film. I wouldn't want it in an animated flick, but something like The Seventh Seal? The film grain is beautiful in that movie. It looks incredible on Blu-ray.
Hehe, I do mean the box artwork, too much grain. :D But I do think the film will look incredible on Blu-ray. ;)

akv1984 wrote:
Eternalist wrote:
#1fan wrote:i find it kind of weird that he isn't known on DVD/Blu-Ray covers now as the director of Memento
Why's that weird? You'll get more people interested from the more widely viewed movie.
I think what he means by weird is that before TDK and Inception he was known as the director of Memento and that was what he was referred to as when BB came out. So I guess it's weird that Memento isn't listed since that film is pretty much his masterpiece and that was the film that put him on the map.
Gotta go with the bigger films I suppose. More name recognition.

natalie wrote:
I'm with you. I went to see Batman Begins because was "from the director of Memento"
But that doesn't mean Memento isn't well-known ;)

Eternalist wrote:From the director of Inception? WB sure is sure of the film's success.
yeah man WTF!,
This is awesome,
for some reason I feel even better about Inception

Don't mean to take over the topic, but I heard some places are giving away 7.50 in movie cash to see Inception with the preorder of Insomnia on blu-ray. My question is will the movie cash come with the blu-ray version when it is in stores (or in other words, is it a preorder special only?)? How many stores are having this deal?

If anyone could answer these questions that would be great and I agree I really like the cover art.

PowerDump wrote:Don't mean to take over the topic, but I heard some places are giving away 7.50 in movie cash to see Inception with the preorder of Insomnia on blu-ray. My question is will the movie cash come with the blu-ray version when it is in stores (or in other words, is it a preorder special only?)? How many stores are having this deal?

If anyone could answer these questions that would be great and I agree I really like the cover art.
I'm not sure, it might be preorder only.

TeddyBlass wrote:Yea, much better than the DVD artwork.
Why wont they release it on DVD as well? I never liked my Insomnia DVD, the cardboard sucks.