Larry Holden has passed away

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
:( He was pretty young, and I think he posted on BOF a few times. Seemed like a really cool guy, it's a real shame. :(

Wow this is so sad. Really great guy. Emailed him a few times in my BOF days. Found this interesting:

http://downtimemovieslarry.tumblr.com/

Mr. Holden mentioned this guy to me a few times to me but had not seen the movie he had acted in for him yet. But in another interview I just read on Rogue Cinema he had this to say:

"Downtime" by Rob Tiffin. Love that film more than anything I've ever acted in before. Hasn't come out yet, but it's a gem. That kid did a masterful job. He wrote me some kind of fan letter or something when "Batman Begins" came out. Young guy, living at home with his mom, told me he wanted to be a filmmaker. Before you know it, we're talking on the phone. I felt like the big brother there for awhile, it was great. Finally, I said, "Listen, I like you, man, how about I help ya? Really? How much money do you need to raise?" Etcetera. And he said the best way was for me to be in his film, that he could raise what he needed if I signed on the dotted line. And I did, gladly. That kid cares. He really does. Sensitive kid, with a helluva future.

I find it amusing that he says he liked it more than Batman, Memento or Insomnia. Haha. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Can anyone explain how he died? I was surprised to find that he has no wiki or imdb page, considering he has some big films to his credit. Rest in Peace.

Doctors discovered cancer a few weeks after hip replacement surgery (hip injured due to a bad fall during filming). The cancer had spread and it was too late.

This is such a sad loss, he was great in all three of Nolan's films. My deepest sympathies go to his family and friends!

my god I can't fucking believe this shit.
rest in peace man.

What a loss, I was hoping he'd appear in a future Nolan film. He seemed pretty reliable in those smaller parts.

I was pretty confused at first. Wondered if they had the wrong guy. That obituary describes him as being from Maryland.. sounds like he went to school locally. But the IMDB page doesn't mention Maryland and seems to imply that he grew up in Ireland and when he moved to the U.S, he lived elsewhere. I wonder who's wrong?

From IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0390227/bio

Has an identical twin brother, Hank, who's a self-published writer, but no other siblings. His parents, Henry and Celeste Howlin, are both retired and still reside in Ireland. Moved to Yakima, Washington in 1989, and then spent the next three years driving back and forth across the United States, living in his pick-up truck with his dog, Wendy. Moved to San Pedro, California in February 1993, and began acting full-time in Hollywood.

From the Funeral Home - http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hometo ... =148810102

HOLDEN, LAURENCE HENRY, 49, filmmaker, actor, and disciple of our Lord, left this world for a better one on February 13th. A 1979 graduate of Meade High School and Towson University alumnus,

There is a Meade High School in Maryland, and Towson University is in Maryland.

It's entirely possible that IMDB is just wrong, but just curious if anyone here knows anything different. I'm inclined to believe the obituary, as its official.. just thought it was strange that IMDB was so far off base with his personal history.

Robbman wrote:I was pretty confused at first. Wondered if they had the wrong guy. That obituary describes him as being from Maryland.. sounds like he went to school locally. But the IMDB page doesn't mention Maryland and seems to imply that he grew up in Ireland and when he moved to the U.S, he lived elsewhere. I wonder who's wrong?

From IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0390227/bio

Has an identical twin brother, Hank, who's a self-published writer, but no other siblings. His parents, Henry and Celeste Howlin, are both retired and still reside in Ireland. Moved to Yakima, Washington in 1989, and then spent the next three years driving back and forth across the United States, living in his pick-up truck with his dog, Wendy. Moved to San Pedro, California in February 1993, and began acting full-time in Hollywood.

From the Funeral Home - http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hometo ... =148810102

HOLDEN, LAURENCE HENRY, 49, filmmaker, actor, and disciple of our Lord, left this world for a better one on February 13th. A 1979 graduate of Meade High School and Towson University alumnus,
There is a Meade High School in Maryland (FORT MEADE TO BE EXACT), and Towson University is in Maryland.
It's entirely possible that IMDB is just wrong, but just curious if anyone here knows anything different. I'm inclined to believe the obituary, as its official.. just thought it was strange that IMDB was so far off base with his personal history.

He was a writer...a wordsmith.Not hard to see why he didn't want everyone to know his life story. He did a reverse Hollyweird..Used his real name as stage name and gave false name as real name. I can remember him telling me that when he was a spokesperson for Molson and Denny's, "These people are crazy, they are even digging through MY trash to get dirt on ME" Kind of explains it all. Either way, IMDB writes what you give them. Don't believe it just because it's in print.He will be missed, Godspeed old friend,raise a glass with Tao,Roach and Cooldridge.