Why Nolan hasn't worked with his main Memento cast again?

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Wasn't Pierce offered the part of Batman and turned it down? Then he was rumored for Harvey Dent but I'm not sure if an offer supposedly took place there too.

Pearce was considered by Chris for the Bruce Wayne role, but although the actor was busy, probably Christian Bale was already entered in Nolan's radar...

Then again Pearce was going to be involved in batman franchise for the role of Harvey Dent, this time it was for Pearce schedule that the character couldn't be portrayed by him. Funnily, the role went to the one who Nolan considered for Leonard Shelby before Pearce himself.
In the end I think the other ones were better choices. I mean, Bale is tremendous and he has become THE REAL Batman, the true face of Bruce Wayne for cinema; about Eckhart.. I simply loved his performance, more than Ledger's one too, scene after scene he shows so much charisma, and then when the other side of him emerges (even before the incident) he can really show how anger possesses him.
Mr. Nolan choices for the cast have always been perfect.

Maybe I'd like to see Pearce again in the director's future filmography, but Chris is proving he can take talented actors who are not well known and turn them into real stars, making them act at their best, so don't complain if he goes on like that: more Ledger and Eckhart need to be discovered :)
If I'd have to choose, there are two names I would kill for to see in future Nolan films: first is Bale, I absolutely need to watch Christian Bale in a non-Batman role directed by Chris, because he's the man, he can do everything, and he has already showed to be a real bad(ass) guy in noir/thriller; second is Edward Norton... this superb actor could really get back to 90's level (american history x, fight club) and get his reputation high again if directed by Chris.
Last edited by Slask on July 23rd, 2010, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'd love to see Pearce as the Riddler.

Slask wrote: If I'd have to choose, there are two names I would kill for to see in future Nolan films: first is Bale, I absolutely need to watch Christian Bale in a non-Batman role directed by Chris...

I trust you've seen The Prestige, though, right?

allmond guy wrote: I trust you've seen The Prestige, though, right?
Of course...
but another collaboration would be welcome :D

Chris, you gotta call Guy and Joe, Please!!

I'm surprised we haven't seen them pop up in Batman roles. But Chris seems the type who wants to work with a lot of great actors, so jumps at the opportunity when he can for the first time.

There are a few he's wanted in the past that turned down roles. Perhaps we'll eventually see them in a Nolan film: Brad Pitt, Jude Law, Matt Damon, Evan Rachel Wood, James Franco.

I wish he does the same thing with Batman 3 that he did on Begins, call heaps of the actors he worked with before for some roll
that'd be awesome.

Nolan will find actors best suited to his vision(s) of the character(s)... I am sure he will work with some of the same actors, but only if its the logical choice. for example tom hardy.

pacino is one of the best actors of all time or maybe the best it would be awesome to see him with nolan again.

Pearce is an amazing actor too and i would´t mind see him in a nolan movie again