The Nolanfans Film Awards 2020 - (FYC/Discussion)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's that time of the year again! After last years rather lackluster NF-film awards, lets give this another go. Hopefully more people will discuss and vote!

This thread is specifically For Your Consideration and Discussion, this thread however, is purely for voting for nominees.

Here's how this works: You can vote for 5 contenders in all categories except for Best Picture, for which you can vote for 10.
Whichever you vote on the first place, gets 5 points. The second one gets 4 points and so on. For Best Picture however the highest possibility is 10. If you choose not to rank them by numbers, all the possible points in that category will be divided equally over your choices.

As per usual, Documentary and Non-English language films won't have their own category. They belong in the top 10 just as much, if you decide to include them.

Since I believe the end of March is too soon for people to have seen as many films of the previous year as possible the deadline will be the 1st of May, with a possibility of extending that deadline if people can't make the initial deadline. So no worries, there's plenty of time!

Is Climax considered 2019?

Also is Shia LaBeouf in Honey Boy supporting or leading?

Bacon wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 3:51 pm

Yes

Ruth wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 4:01 pm
Bacon wrote:
So it's completely ruled out from ever getting nominated for either year? Nice.

Bacon wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 4:07 pm
Ruth wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 4:01 pm
Bacon wrote:
So it's completely ruled out from ever getting nominated for either year? Nice.
Didn’t people vote for it last year?

Also. How do we do this then? Go by American release dates despite a large chunk of this forum not being American? You guys do realize we’ve been going by release dates by country of origin for the longest time, otherwise a huge part our lists would never make sense? Or do ALL of us (not just american folks) go by release dates in OUR countries and then fuck up every list and voting categories every time all the time?

Because if so, I can’t wait to put the Lightouse, Parasite, Uncut Gems, Little Women, A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood, 1917, Jojo Rabbit, Portrait of a Lady on Fire and A Hidden Life in my favorite of 2020 list next year.

My suggestion is for members to go by the release date in their native country. This is how every reputable film journal / magazine / site polls critics internationally. If you want to use America's release date to be part of the conversation, IE, Lighthouse is 2019 for Ruth and not 2020, go for it.

There's no other way this makes sense.

-Vader

This is pretty laughable, we’re a small forum and not a bunch of film critics. We’re trying to find a better middle ground so the votes (we always get super tiny turnout tbh) can mean something

to say that y’all can just do whatever and the rest of us can choose if we want to be a part of the conversation is just not cool imo. I’d better not vote here at all then.

Freedom, freedom, freedoooom oooh Freedooom!!! (with Aretha Franklin's voice)
Let people vote for what they want, and suppose they are conscious that by voting for film people have not yet seen or have seen a long time ago, they reduce their chances of having an impact on the final result of the vote.

Ruth wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 4:43 pm
This is pretty laughable, we’re a small forum and not a bunch of film critics. We’re trying to find a better middle ground so the votes (we always get super tiny turnout tbh) can mean something

to say that y’all can just do whatever and the rest of us can choose if we want to be a part of the conversation is just not cool imo. I’d better not vote here at all then.
I mean, what's the alternative?

-Vader