The Wolverine (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
cooldued wrote:even if this film sucks (i highly doubt it) it will still make more than 900 million worldwide.
Just like Jim Cameron's films.

cchriswake wrote:you're basing that on pretty much nothing

was Nolan restrained in TDK? Nolan and Bale both stated during the press junkets of Begins' how grateful they were to Warner Bros for "backing them up on their endeavors 100%" and "trusting Chris". It's unlikely they yank that power back the third movie in unless this is Sony (Spider-man 3)... or Fox (X-3)
everybody knows about how Warner gave so much freedom to Nolan on his Batman franchise but they obviously wouldn't have let Nolan to do whatever he would want to do. the thing is he just didn't do anything to concern them. he knew how much he could push the limits and he didn't go further than that. what I think is making big budget movies by great directors like Nolan and Aronofsky is a waste of talent. they would do a great job, no doubt about that, but the truth is both Aronofsky and Nolan are more than that. why we should see only 75% when we can see 95% of them in a movie. 75% surely is more than enough to make a great movie, but a guy like me would always regret that why Aronofsky can't bring his own 100% imagination to the big screen with that money and time. I loved both two Nolan batman films they are in my top 25 favorite of the decade but I still prefer to see more movies like Inception. that's all.£
Last edited by Master Virgo on March 17th, 2011, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
cooldued wrote:even if this film sucks (i highly doubt it) it will still make more than 900 million worldwide.
Just like Jim Cameron's films.
:facepalm:

Just kidding I'm a huge fan.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Just kidding I'm a huge fan.
Better be or cameron will stop paying me....... :twothumbsup:

I thought that although this seemed to be a slightly odd choice, it would have been very interesting to see his take. All I've got to say is I pray they choose someone decent.

And I think this project may have been good to Aronofsky cause it could give him a wider audience and have his name be more well known. Could also have given more attention to his other and future films.

mastervirgo wrote:
cchriswake wrote:you're basing that on pretty much nothing

was Nolan restrained in TDK? Nolan and Bale both stated during the press junkets of Begins' how grateful they were to Warner Bros for "backing them up on their endeavors 100%" and "trusting Chris". It's unlikely they yank that power back the third movie in unless this is Sony (Spider-man 3)... or Fox (X-3)
everybody knows about how Warner gave so much freedom to Nolan on his Batman franchise but they obviously wouldn't have let Nolan to do whatever he would want to do. the thing is he just didn't do anything to concern them. he knew how much he could push the limits and he didn't go further than that. what I think is making big budget movies by great directors like Nolan and Aronofsky is a waste of talent. they would do a great job, no doubt about that, but the truth is both Aronofsky and Nolan are more than that. why we should see only 75% when we can see 95% of them in a movie. 75% surely is more than enough to make a great movie, but a guy like me would always regret that why Aronofsky can't bring his own 100% imagination to the big screen with that money and time. I loved both two Nolan batman films they are in my top 25 favorite of the decade but I still prefer to see more movies like Inception. that's all.£
Isn't it Inception a big budget film? :think:

they should put Tarantino or Gibson on it

talli wrote:they should put Tarantino or Gibson on it
:facepalm: Tarantino would never even consider it.

talli wrote:they should put Tarantino or Gibson on it
I agree would love Tarantino to do it.