Entangled

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Check out a short film I wrote and directed. It was bittersweet making it since it's the last I'll be doing with my core group of filmmaking buds that I've worked with for the past few years.

Lemme know your thoughts.

Unless you're Vader. Then fuck off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR3xnwJmOtE

when he showed up i couldnt stop laughing but i would imagine there was probably good dialogue and stuff so well done

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:when he showed up i couldnt stop laughing but i would imagine there was probably good dialogue and stuff so well done
this is the second time i've tried to incorporate a picture of him as a dead person but the first it's made it into something.

i'm not sure what that says about our friendship.

youtube says it's unavailable :/

i temporarily pulled it after learning there's a pretty big fuck up in the opening credits. Had the editor correct it and it should be up by the end of the day

thanks for trying to watch it though, appreciate it.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUu-LiN_pDs

oh my god :lol: i had to rewind a couple of times to make sure it wasn't just my imagination

edit: I do like the look of it though.

I like it. Is there a reason why it's black and white?

the_red_ninja wrote:I like it. Is there a reason why it's black and white?
Yeah. It gave me more control over the lighting when I didn't have to worry about color temps. It's also a very monochromatic apartment with actors wearing monochromatic funeral clothing. There's not much color in the first place, so I decided to go black and white to get more power over the lights, and also to get an extra layer of atmosphere (along with my hazy "color" grading) that I couldn't really get if I shot it in color. Easy answer is that it would have looked worse in color

Gotcha. So are you like done studying/film school? What's the next step in your career?

i watched this a few hours after you posted it and again just now - i guess that photo was exactly who i thought it was :lol: :lol: :lol:

as for the actual piece: yeah, i would say good call on the black and white

probably the first thing i noticed is you did a great job making a small room feel cinematic, and the writing/dialogue was pretty good too

if you don't mind me asking, what did you shoot it on?