'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
And you do need to process it, definitely. I misunderstood a few things at first. Which is great because then you get that great feeling of figuring something out.

thegreypilgrim wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:
thegreypilgrim wrote:I actually completely didn't understand any of the criticisms. None of the things that seemed to have bothered a lot of people even occurred to me. I was pretty surprised when I realized this.

It really didn't feel like a Nolan film, did it? He's evolving.
Without spoilers, how exactly is it different? Is it just more sentimental or is it more than that? Can you explain a little I'm curious
It's hard to describe really. There's nothing specific that screams "different", and in fact when you look at specific things, it's pure Nolan. But as a whole it just feels very... new.
I won't ask you a million different question, just got 1 more... Can you tell that Wally wasn't here for this? Does Hoytes cinematography have a distinct look and signature to it that looks different?

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
LoneCooper wrote:Can you give us a rating please, Dream?
I'd give it 11 if I could. This is without completely processing everything that happened too, because my mind is still spinning (no pun intended) :P
Wow. My anticipation is rising again..

Is it your favorite Nolan film? I know you just saw it but...i'm still curious

ComptonTerry wrote:
I won't ask you a million different question, just got 1 more... Can you tell that Wally wasn't here for this? Does Hoytes cinematography have a distinct look and signature to it that looks different?
I don't know how good a judge I am of cinematography but I didn't notice a massive shift, no. Nolan seems to know what he wants things to look like.

ComptonTerry wrote:
Hell yes.

Edit: I say this as someone who is obsessed with cinematography. Things like camera angles, focus, camera movement were very distinct in my opinion.
Last edited by Vesh on November 5th, 2014, 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
I'd give it 11 if I could. This is without completely processing everything that happened too, because my mind is still spinning (no pun intended) :P
How would you rank the cast?
Probably something like:

McC
Irwin (TARS is amazing)
Foy
Damon
Gyasi
Hathaway
Chastain
Lithgow
Caine
Burstyn
Bentley
Affleck
Grace

LoneCooper wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Wow. My anticipation is rising again..

Is it your favorite Nolan film? I know you just saw it but...i'm still curious
It will certainly be up there when everything is settled, that i'm sure of.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Probably something like:

McC
Irwin (TARS is amazing)
Foy
Damon
Gyasi
Hathaway
Chastain
Lithgow
Caine
Burstyn
Bentley
Affleck
Grace
Awesome, I have high expectations for Irwin. Surprised you have Gyasi ahead of Hathway and Chastain, interesting.

I've been hearing fantastic things about Damon so that ranking does not surprise me in the slightest.

Does anyone else feel like another 30 minutes would not have been a bad thing at all?

Man, everyone seems to be in a state of awe and thought after seeing the movie. Some saying that they'll be thinking about it for days. I am anxious to see what exactly is causing all this.

Please don't explain, just making an observation.