Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
KOTCS is quite pointedly not that but ok

not that i'm ever against creativity but what would this movie even be

ArmandFancypants wrote:
June 29th, 2018, 7:08 am
KOTCS is quite pointedly not that but ok
The whole chapel thingie. Right.

Just reboot it with Tim Chalamet

Cilogy wrote:
June 29th, 2018, 10:10 am
Just reboot it with Tim Chalamet
fuck

'Indiana Jones 5' Will Begin Filming This Summer, Harrison Ford Says
Another installment to the Indiana Jones franchise is on its way, with Harrison Ford revealing that production will commence within months.

Ford dropped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show for an interview that will air Friday to promote his new film, Call of the Wild, and while there, he gave a few hints about the upcoming Indiana Jones film.

The 77-year-old actor told host DeGeneres that filming would begin late this summer.

"it's going to be fun," Ford said. "They are great fun to make."

The upcoming film's title has yet to be revealed.

In a separate interview with CBS Sunday Morning, Ford said filming may begin as soon as April on Indiana Jones 5.

He also noted that he has enjoyed revisiting his classic characters, including Han Solo from Star Wars.

"When we have an opportunity to make another, it is because people have enjoyed them," Ford said in that interview. "I feel obliged to make sure our ambitions are as ambitious as they were when we started."

I'll believe it when I see it

As long as they can capture that Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade spark, I'm there.

Ace
Steven Spielberg Won’t Direct ‘Indiana Jones 5,’ James Mangold in Talks to Replace
After a long development process, Steven Spielberg is handing the directing reins on “Indiana Jones 5” to another filmmaker for the first time in the franchise’s 39 year history, Variety has learned.

Sources say that while a deal hasn’t closed, “Ford v Ferrari” director James Mangold is in talks to take the job.

Spielberg will remain as a hands-on producer on “Indy 5.” According to a source close to the filmmaker, the decision to leave the director’s chair was entirely Spielberg’s, in a desire to pass along Indy’s whip to a new generation to bring their perspective to the story.

With a new director coming on board, the possibility that “Indy 5” will push once more from its 2021 release date seems likely. Spokespeople for Spielberg and Disney declined to comment.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/ste ... ssion=true
Last edited by Ace on February 26th, 2020, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mangold is a good director and he can direct action very well. He's a sensible choice.