Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Tarssauce wrote:
February 20th, 2024, 8:35 pm
So…

Sam Mendes is making four films about each Beetles band member!
Supposed to have an innovative and groundbreaking release strategy.

The jokes write themselves y’all! :lol:
If they're gonna be out in 2027, that means Nolan could make his own Music Bio by 2026.....He could beat Mendes to the jump to cement SM as a guy who makes acclaimed movies that feel close to Nolan films.....Do a Music Biopic on Sting perhaps.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
February 20th, 2024, 8:56 pm
If they're gonna be out in 2027, that means Nolan could make his own Music Bio by 2026.....He could beat Mendes to the jump to cement SM as a guy who makes acclaimed movies that feel close to Nolan films.....Do a Music Biopic on Sting perhaps.
Luckily, Nolan isn't petty :lol:

Tarssauce wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 5:08 am
And WB is trying to get him back. I truly hope he sticks with Universal. They were just as good and even better from start to finish.

I finally got to see an IMAX exclusive thanks to them actually doing a much better job at distribution worldwide.
I agree with this. WB can go toss. They have no clue what they're doing. They're just destroying everything they touch other than Villeneuve (thank christ), and he needs to gtfo of WB too. Before they offer him some DC nonsense.

I still think they did Zack Snyder dirty, as well as The Wachowskis. They say they give artists full creative control, but outside of guys like Nolan or Denis, they're just as gross as Disney and don't believe in the artists working for them. It's just products. Dune being great has NOTHING to do with anyone at WB, it's almost an accident if not for who the director is.

Agreed, Nolan should stick with Universal. Marketing/award season campaigns were miles ahead of the WB ones

Angus wrote:
March 18th, 2024, 9:48 pm
I agree with this. WB can go toss. They have no clue what they're doing. They're just destroying everything they touch other than Villeneuve (thank christ), and he needs to gtfo of WB too. Before they offer him some DC nonsense.

Dune being great has NOTHING to do with anyone at WB, it's almost an accident if not for who the director is.
Probably because it's more of a Legendary property than Warner's. Glad Denis is doing well with WB's involvement. But yeah I'm crossing my fingers Nolan sticks with Universal for his next film and it seems like no brainer.