Oppenheimer - Industry/Celebrity Response and Buzz

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Master Virgo wrote:
August 23rd, 2023, 4:04 pm
LeoCobb wrote:
August 23rd, 2023, 12:52 am

Who is MAGA? :crazy:
MAGAs, Bolsominions, same shit, different color.
Oh, really? :crazy: Incrível. Fiquei até emociado...

Christopher McQuarrie:

“Could not be more thrilled for Margot [Robbie], who I think is an extraordinary talent, a mega-star. And I’m delighted for the validation that the movie gives to that part of Margot that is that mega-star. And I hope the lessons learned from that are applied. Couldn’t be more thrilled for Greta. Chris Nolan… you want to talk about between a rock and a hard place? You want to talk about a guy whose movie was a three-plus hour R-rated drama with nudity that leaves you feeling quote-unquote ‘devastated’. That’s a tough sell. That’s one helluva marketing strategy. And he won. He called it like Babe Ruth, and he won. God bless him. Congratulations. That’s fantastic. And it’s a triumph for original movies. It’s a triumph for films that are not sequels. And in the case of Oppenheimer, a drama. What movies used to be all the time? Tom and I just look at each other all the time like, ‘Man, it’s just about quality.”

Ace
After an early screening, “ Dune” filmmaker Denis Villeneuve said he knew he’d just seen “a masterpiece.” He even remembered saying that it would be a big success.

“But where it is right now has blown the roof off of my projection,” Villeneuve told The Associated Press. “It’s a three-hour movie about people talking about nuclear physics.”
https://apnews.com/article/oppenheimer- ... 9b1cc0ab0a

Ace wrote:
September 19th, 2023, 11:28 am
After an early screening, “ Dune” filmmaker Denis Villeneuve said he knew he’d just seen “a masterpiece.” He even remembered saying that it would be a big success.

“But where it is right now has blown the roof off of my projection,” Villeneuve told The Associated Press. “It’s a three-hour movie about people talking about nuclear physics.”
https://apnews.com/article/oppenheimer- ... 9b1cc0ab0a
Other fun bits from the article.

“When a filmmaker as strong as Chris is pointing a finger at you and telling you where to go…you listen…and audiences have been rewarded for it,” filmmaker Paul Thomas Anderson wrote in an email. “I know some film buffs who drove from El Paso to Dallas to see the film properly. That’s about 18 hours round trip.”

“I don’t think there’s anyone who could disagree - seeing ‘Oppenheimer’ on film is superior in every single way,” Anderson said. “Not to mention, people are tired of asking, ‘Why would I go to a movie theater to watch TV?’ Good question...you don’t have to anymore.”

Emma Thomas considers this the most successful film of their careers so far: “We’ve been incredibly lucky in our careers. We’ve had some really great moments before. We’ve had some very successful films that have allowed us to continue making films,” she said. “But I would argue that this one is the most successful when you look at what the film was and then how it’s played out.”

Ace

Barrett wrote:
August 23rd, 2023, 4:31 pm
Can we please just stick to Oppenheimer? That is what this forum is about. Avoid posting reactions from political pundits and conspiracy theorists to spare the rest of us this back and forth BS.

I know the well is dry with reactions because of the strike, but once resolved there will be a flood of them from actors/writers/directors, etc. Let’s focus on that please.
You mean, actors are really not allowed to talk about anything film-related?

ReactorRat wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 1:06 am
Barrett wrote:
August 23rd, 2023, 4:31 pm
Can we please just stick to Oppenheimer? That is what this forum is about. Avoid posting reactions from political pundits and conspiracy theorists to spare the rest of us this back and forth BS.

I know the well is dry with reactions because of the strike, but once resolved there will be a flood of them from actors/writers/directors, etc. Let’s focus on that please.
You mean, actors are really not allowed to talk about anything film-related?
According to strike rules, my understanding is they’re not supposed to publicly promote/advocate for films produced by the AMPTP (Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers) studios, like Universal.