Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

KEM
Janky Sam wrote:
July 23rd, 2023, 11:47 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
July 23rd, 2023, 11:42 pm
The music being Göransson’s work is not a guarantee for it to be on the album. It’s not in the film.
Okay, it not being on the soundtrack makes sense if it's not in the film (haven't seen it yet). How disappointing...
It’s actually more common than you think for unused stuff to be on soundtracks, a lot of composers use the suites they create for a film to make the soundtrack so some stuff will end up edited out of the film or rewritten/rearranged for specific scenes but the original composers version will end up on the soundtrack

The Dark Knight famously has a track that’s named after a line that was written in the script but never used in the film, but they still kept it

Absolutely.

Hans preferred releasing Suites since they were complete ideas than cues that were designed and confined by the scenes and picture cuts. “Why so seeious?” is a suite and “Bank Robbery (Prologue) is the that suite cut and edited for that scene and then probably reworked entirely to fit the scene smoothly.

It’s hard to pick a side as both suites and cues can have interesting variation.

In this case, I think this was a specific track made for the trailer based on Oppenheimer’s theme. They took his 4 note theme and made a grand version of it.

Look at Tenet. Trailer 1 and 2 were reworks of Göransson’s score for those particular trailers. They featured music that ended up in the film and music parts that were just for the trailer.

The score is brilliant. Theorists is a track Im most interested in... also the Trinity one, the build up is excellent, but I like the end more. Many great tracks. Overall a great score that I will be listening to for many upcoming weeks.

Movie was excellent! Was or will the movie finale scene track be released?

It’s already out: “Destroyer of Worlds”.

Forum Pro
KEM wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 12:24 am
Is it just me or is 1:20 of Theorists the same bassline and synth patch 2:51 of WINDMILLS?

Honestly, the bassline/synth in that part of Theorists reminded me the music when Kat is on the yacht in the third act of Tenet.

KEM
DylanHoang wrote:
July 24th, 2023, 5:56 pm
KEM wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 12:24 am
Is it just me or is 1:20 of Theorists the same bassline and synth patch 2:51 of WINDMILLS?

Honestly, the bassline/synth in that part of Theorists reminded me the music when Kat is on the yacht in the third act of Tenet.
That’s the track “Ground Assault” on the complete score and it’s the exact same part as Windmills, so you are correct!

That synth patch is all over Tenet. There are common sounds in both scores. Didn't think he'd be able to fit 808s into this but he managed.

What part of the film is the track "Oppenheimer" from? I can't remember. I thought it was the ending, but I checked the ending through a cam version download, and it wasn't it. I didn't want to check through the other parts of the movie cuz I'm rewatching it in 70mm IMAX lol. Anyone remember for sure what part of the movie its from? I'm asking about the track titled "Oppenheimer", the last track in the film's OST on Spotify.

dissonance wrote:
July 24th, 2023, 9:19 pm
What part of the film is the track "Oppenheimer" from? I can't remember. I thought it was the ending, but I checked the ending through a cam version download, and it wasn't it. I didn't want to check through the other parts of the movie cuz I'm rewatching it in 70mm IMAX lol. Anyone remember for sure what part of the movie its from? I'm asking about the track titled "Oppenheimer", the last track in the film's OST on Spotify.
Doesn't it play during the first part of the credits? That's what I seem to remember at least.