Box Office

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
Hearing all this makes me really happy that I’m an American

Oppenheimer received an A grade from CinemaScore audiences, which is the same as his Batman movies and higher than anything else in his filmography. Barbie also received an A rating as well.

Possibly $77 mil? Jumping Jesus.
Out of curiosity what other big films are coming out in the coming weeks/to finish the summer? I feel like there aren't any major summer releases left but I could be wrong. I don't follow that kind of stuff super closely.

nightfury93 wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 4:02 pm
Out of curiosity what other big films are coming out in the coming weeks/to finish the summer? I feel like there aren't any major summer releases left but I could be wrong. I don't follow that kind of stuff super closely.
Meg 2, Haunted Mansion, Blue Beetle meh. Grand Turismo, maybe. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will make a lot of money.

bootsy wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 5:06 pm
nightfury93 wrote:
Meg 2, Haunted Mansion, Blue Beetle meh. Grand Turismo, maybe. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will make a lot of money.
Man, that's it? That is a really favorable lineup if Oppenheimer has the kind of legs it seems like it will. That looks like very little strong competition for a while.

nightfury93 wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 5:08 pm
bootsy wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 5:06 pm
nightfury93 wrote:
Man, that's it? That is a really favorable lineup if Oppenheimer has the kind of legs it seems like it will. That looks like very little strong competition for a while.
In September, there's The Equalizer 2 and the Nun II. I don't see any movie outside of TMNT that will be a huge blockbuster in the next couple of months.

It's possible studios may start pushing films back due to the SAG strike...