"Oppenheimer" Reviews Discussion

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Glad the reviews are better than expected

MaxContract wrote:
July 20th, 2023, 11:28 am
Retskrad wrote:
July 20th, 2023, 10:52 am
On Metacritic, the rating went down to 89
We’re still waiting for that 100 from EW to get in. I think Wall Street Journals review was very glowing as well.

With that said, I know Richard Brody will eventually review this for the New Yorker and he is most likely not going to give it a good score. So 89 is probably where it will stay
Yeah I'm confused on why the EW review isn't showing yet.

Has Brody given Nolan not glowing reviews in the past. I'm not familiar with his reviews. I also looked on metacritic and he only has 1 review out there from 2014 unless I'm missing something.

Stop quoting him so he doesn't appear to everyone who blocked him.

Let him post in a vacuum.

Then as soon as I say that they post the EW review and it's back to 90 on MC.

Just saw it a couple of minutes ago in Portugal must say glad to see Nolan embracing some dark and heavy themes with the same as willingness to take risks and the importance of the experience on the big screen now the following the days its all about thinking about the picture and waiting for the amazing soundtrack and next week or so going for a second time to the big screen and see it again .

MyCocaine wrote:
July 20th, 2023, 11:53 am
Stop quoting him so he doesn't appear to everyone who blocked him.

Let him post in a vacuum.
THIS.

bootsy wrote:
July 20th, 2023, 11:50 am
MaxContract wrote:
Retskrad wrote:
We’re still waiting for that 100 from EW to get in. I think Wall Street Journals review was very glowing as well.

With that said, I know Richard Brody will eventually review this for the New Yorker and he is most likely not going to give it a good score. So 89 is probably where it will stay
Yeah I'm confused on why the EW review isn't showing yet.

Has Brody given Nolan not glowing reviews in the past. I'm not familiar with his reviews. I also looked on metacritic and he only has 1 review out there from 2014 unless I'm missing something.
Hmm perhaps his reviews don’t always get counted on metacritic but he writes for the New Yorker. He has never liked a Nolan movie and I don’t expect that to change with this one.

MaxContract wrote:
Retskrad wrote:

Back to 90.
Don't know what's coming up, and if this can go down from here?

Can't wait for Mark Kermode's review.

poplar wrote:
July 20th, 2023, 12:04 pm
MaxContract wrote:
Retskrad wrote:

Back to 90.
Don't know what's coming up, and if this can go down from here?
WSJ will get in there and that was a rave so hopefully another 100.

I can see Kermode or even Film Threat get in also. Anthony Lane reviewed Oppenheimer for the New Yorker and that seemed to be pretty praise worthy as well. Brody will likely slam Oppenheimer or give it a mixed review and he may get on metacritic also. Still a way to go