Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

Forum Pro
EOLB wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 11:29 am
Interestingly it's unlisted now, guess it wasn't supposed to actually drop today?

EOLB wrote:
Wow, I really love the tone of the music that they showed off. Some of it sounded romantic, some unnerving, all with great use of violins! I like the part with the cello soloist where it almost sounds like something Philip Glass would write!

Also, wasn't that piece from the trailers not Ludwig? Interesting that it shows up in a featurette about the score.

KEM
I really hope lunar got a hi res file for this!!

Crysist wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 12:40 pm
Also, wasn't that piece from the trailers not Ludwig? Interesting that it shows up in a featurette about the score.
That's literally Oppenheimer's theme. The brass part will probably be all over the score.
Announcement Teaser, Trailer 1 and the IMAX exclusive trailer are all Ludwig.
Trailer 2 is not.

God, I really love those violin runs. So good!

EOLB wrote:
Terrific

My one hot and honestly bad take is that I'm actually not the biggest fan of the bigger sounding part of the score in Trailer 1 (the theme that appears at the end of that The Score featurette).

But everything else (specially the score in the Opening Look trailer) is freaking phenomenal.

Well, the trailer track itself seems to be a heroic slightly uplifting twist on it.
What I've heard from the score - it will have different variations including a really touching melancholic violin solo.

Does anyone know when the soundtrack will be on Spotify please?

Intonestellar wrote:
July 19th, 2023, 4:49 am
Does anyone know when the soundtrack will be on Spotify please?
official release date is the 21st