Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Seems like the movie's marketing campaign has been in line with Nolan's previous July releases. An announcement a year in advance, a first trailer & exclusive IMAX preview in December. So we can definitely expect a second trailer in May.

I was originally thinking they would release the 2nd trailer in front of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 (releasing May 5), but now I'm thinking they will release in front of Universal's FAST X (releasing May 19). Makes much more sense.

Starting soon Universal is going to have to market the hell out of FAST X due to its troubled production and the film having gone way over budget, making it one of the most expensive films ever ($300+ million). They're gonna need FAST X to make all the money it can so a final marketing push in front of GOTG3 would make a lot more sense.

Once FAST X is out, then Universal can put its full attention on OPPENHEIMER. So a second trailer releasing with FAST X seems more likely. It'll still play in front of a big popular crowd movie.

Thoughts?

Has anybody seen this? I haven't because seems to me bit spoilerish?
Or is it just a fake? I assume that because it's suspiciously quiet here about this?

Its all Tenet and Interstellar Behind the scenes material spliced in with archive footage, fan made.

nisarshaikh wrote:
January 13th, 2023, 2:33 am
Seems like the movie's marketing campaign has been in line with Nolan's previous July releases. An announcement a year in advance, a first trailer & exclusive IMAX preview in December. So we can definitely expect a second trailer in May.

I was originally thinking they would release the 2nd trailer in front of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 (releasing May 5), but now I'm thinking they will release in front of Universal's FAST X (releasing May 19). Makes much more sense.

Starting soon Universal is going to have to market the hell out of FAST X due to its troubled production and the film having gone way over budget, making it one of the most expensive films ever ($300+ million). They're gonna need FAST X to make all the money it can so a final marketing push in front of GOTG3 would make a lot more sense.

Once FAST X is out, then Universal can put its full attention on OPPENHEIMER. So a second trailer releasing with FAST X seems more likely. It'll still play in front of a big popular crowd movie.

Thoughts?
I'm expecting at least a television spot with new footage for the Superbowl.

nisarshaikh wrote:

Thoughts?
Gave up on the Fast and Furious series after F9 since whilst it did try harder than you'd expect it also annoyed me with how much the series had lost it's way, plus with Vin Diesel being a pain and the audience reputation going largely downhill, I'm in no mood to check out Fast X so it won't get my money. I don't think it'll do well enough.

EOLB wrote:
January 13th, 2023, 12:24 pm
nisarshaikh wrote:

Thoughts?
I'm expecting at least a television spot with new footage for the Superbowl.
For Oppenheimer or Fast X? I don't think Nolan has ever had a Super Bowl spot for one of his films.

El Especial wrote:
January 13th, 2023, 3:45 pm
For Oppenheimer or Fast X? I don't think Nolan has ever had a Super Bowl spot for one of his films.
Oh, really? I didn't know. But yes, I was talking about 'Oppenheimer'.

Ace

Batman Begins had a Super Bowl spot but Warner stopped doing any spots for that event since 2006. There are rumours they will return this year with one for The Flash.
Universal last year had 3 movies (Ambulance,Jurassic World Dominion & NOPE)with a promo during it though so there is a chance there could be one for Oppenheimer.

Ace wrote:
January 14th, 2023, 11:45 am

Batman Begins had a Super Bowl spot but Warner stopped doing any spots for that event since 2006. There are rumours they will return this year with one for The Flash.
Universal last year had 3 movies (Ambulance,Jurassic World Dominion & NOPE)with a promo during it though so there is a chance there could be one for Oppenheimer.
Universal is going to Super Mario and Fast X
The other possibility are Champions (March),Renfield (April), or Strays (June)

They are giving this film the best marketing treatment, though.

I don't think it's impossible.