Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Forum Pro
Angus wrote:
August 2nd, 2022, 11:04 pm
Good lord, Nolan joined Universal at the perfect time. WB seems to be falling apart as we speak. After the Batgirl announcement, we'll be getting The Flash announcement next, and then there's talk that Dune: Part Two will be scrapped, as well as Joker 2 and Matt Reeves' The Batman 2. They have no idea what they're doing! :shock:

I feel like this is the end of an era in filmmaking. Now we can't even trust that movies will be released after they've been completed. It's all about budget cuts and tax write-offs and damage control. I see no reason why any legitimate talent would be attracted to working with WB in the future — directors, actors, actresses, etc.
This is what happens when people who never handled scripted content in their lives take over an entertainment studio/conglomerate,

But..

I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan found his way back to WB post Oppenheimer because Alan Horn, the greatest studio exec of all time and the man who oversaw the WB heyday and made Disney the powerhouse it is today, is back there as an advisor after retiring from Disney.

Alan Horn is an advisor in name only, he's David Zaslov's right hand man and answers only to him. He's now the most powerful person at WB outside of Zaslov.

I imagine Horn is going to try to mend WB's reputation as being the most talent and filmmaker friendly studio, mending the fences with Nolan would bring a lot of good will. Unrelated but maybe Kevin Feige will be running WB in the next 5 years, just a thought.

I hope he stays with Universal Pictures. I'm sure they'll do everything to make him happy and keep him there too.

Let's just see how Nolan and Universal's collaboration on Oppenheimer goes!

I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan retired after Oppenheimer. He's got to be getting exhausted with all this streaming and IP focus post-covid and MCU/Star Wars/Disney+ nonsense. Now this. I'd be having an existential crisis as an artist. I can't imagine he hasn't thrown his arms up at least once and said, "Fuck it, I'm done."

I don't want this to happen, to be clear, haha. But you have to wonder, would Kubrick keep going in this era if he was in his 50s?

Angus wrote:
August 3rd, 2022, 8:21 am
I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan retired after Oppenheimer. He's got to be getting exhausted with all this streaming and IP focus post-covid and MCU/Star Wars/Disney+ nonsense. Now this. I'd be having an existential crisis as an artist. I can't imagine he hasn't thrown his arms up at least once and said, "Fuck it, I'm done."

I don't want this to happen, to be clear, haha. But you have to wonder, would Kubrick keep going in this era if he was in his 50s?
Of course, he would. The question is whether he would have financial support such as studio backing. The same goes for Nolan.

Angus wrote:

If anything I feel like this would embolden him to keep fighting for a more creative approach to his films and leading by example.

Time wrote:
August 3rd, 2022, 10:02 am
Angus wrote:

If anything I feel like this would embolden him to keep fighting for a more creative approach to his films and leading by example.
i mean he's already taking over a year off before even beginning to plan a new project. Artists can't retire, he's too creative for that.

Nolan62 wrote:
August 3rd, 2022, 9:29 am
I don't know how trustworthy it is for now, but imdb adds an other production designer on the list, Islam Gamal:https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15398776/f ... _=tt_cl_sm
He previously worked with Cronenberg for Crimes of the Futur and also Top Gun: Maverick.
I think this is a fake credit.

Angus wrote:
August 2nd, 2022, 11:04 pm
Good lord, Nolan joined Universal at the perfect time. WB seems to be falling apart as we speak. After the Batgirl announcement, we'll be getting The Flash announcement next, and then there's talk that Dune: Part Two will be scrapped, as well as Joker 2 and Matt Reeves' The Batman 2. They have no idea what they're doing! :shock:

I feel like this is the end of an era in filmmaking. Now we can't even trust that movies will be released after they've been completed. It's all about budget cuts and tax write-offs and damage control. I see no reason why any legitimate talent would be attracted to working with WB in the future — directors, actors, actresses, etc.
Where is it being reported re: Flash, Dune, Joker, The Batman? If it's speculation, where is it coming from on twitter?