Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Guys… it’s literally in MONO at a low bitrate - of course it’ll sound bad. They whole thing is rendered at a low bitrate. I’m sure it sounded great in theaters and it will sound good once it’s out properly. Even the bootleg sounds better.

The teaser is mid. It didn't tell you what the movie will be about or why you should be exited. All you see is some flames and a dude staring at a window and fixing his hat. Then it ends with him walking surrounded by photographers? What? Y'all need to lay off the Nolan kool-aid, lol!

In todays market, Jordan Peele is the only filmmaker that can sell a movie just by mentioning his name in promo material. I checked YouTube and very few high profile channels reacted to this teaser. Nolan's name doesn't have the clout like it used to. He needs to put in more effort to leave an impression on people.

Retskrad wrote:
July 28th, 2022, 6:26 pm
It didn't tell you what the movie will be about or why you should be exited.
Well, I can certainly tell who many here think should be exited...!!

Retskrad wrote:
The teaser is mid. It didn't tell you what the movie will be about or why you should be exited. All you see is some flames and a dude staring at a window and fixing his hat. Then it ends with him walking surrounded by photographers? What? Y'all need to lay off the Nolan kool-aid, lol!

In todays market, Jordan Peele is the only filmmaker that can sell a movie just by mentioning his name in promo material. I checked YouTube and very few high profile channels reacted to this teaser. Nolan's name doesn't have the clout like it used to. He needs to put in more effort to leave an impression on people.

Whatever. We all know your opinion is preconceived before you even watched it. It's irrelevant.

Retskrad wrote:
It didn't tell you what the movie will be about or why you should be exited.
Let's thank God there will be two full trailers set to achieve that goal.

Retskrad wrote:

Glad teaser was posted online, despite watching it on my IPhone I was still gripped and it was a tense trailer and gave an idea of what the tone might be and the focus of the story. It did that without showing many shots and just through music, dialogue snippets and editing. Also I must say, you've clearly never seen a Nolan teaser before. Inception was even more mysterious despite showing more. The Dark Knight had audio and nothing else other than the Bat Symbol and a Joker card. Interstellar had stock footage then a couple of shots at the end. Dunkirk had a few scattered and out of context shots. You can re-cycle what you said about this teaser for those. Plus, it's a teaser, if it showed too much it wouldn't feel like one.

Forum Pro
Waitedalongtime wrote:
July 28th, 2022, 7:39 pm
Retskrad wrote:

Glad teaser was posted online, despite watching it on my IPhone I was still gripped and it was a tense trailer and gave an idea of what the tone might be and the focus of the story. It did that without showing many shots and just through music, dialogue snippets and editing. Also I must say, you've clearly never seen a Nolan teaser before. Inception was even more mysterious despite showing more. The Dark Knight had audio and nothing else other than the Bat Symbol and a Joker card. Interstellar had stock footage then a couple of shots at the end. Dunkirk had a few scattered and out of context shots. You can re-cycle what you said about this teaser for those. Plus, it's a teaser, if it showed too much it wouldn't feel like one.
Exactly, it did what a teaser is supposed to do. Dropping a short tease with very little context a year early has been his thing for nearly a decade. Regardless of what it consisted of, this is hardly different than his previous teasers.

Tarssauce wrote:
July 28th, 2022, 8:12 am
As a livestream :lol: it's great but I wonder it will remain that way.
Yeah that's very interesting

Good to see Retskrad back. His meaningless trolling really spiced up the discussion on the forum.