Dane DeHaan joins the cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Ace
Dane DeHaan Joins Christopher Nolan’s ‘Oppenheimer’
Character details for DeHaan is being kept in a lead-lined bunker.

DeHaan broke through as a teen seduced by superpowers in the 2012 hit Chronicle. That launched him on a trajectory in which he snagged the Goblin role in 2014’s Spider-Man and gigs such as Terrence Malick’s Knight of Cups and Gore Verbinski’s A Cure for Wellness. His last major movie outing was 2017’s Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, which failed to launch a hoped-for franchise.

The actor has spent the last few years working in TV, including the crime drama limited series ZeroZeroZero and last year’s Lisey’s Story, Apple’s high-profile Stephen King adaptation with Julianne Moore and directed by Pablo Larrain.

Ace wrote:
February 7th, 2022, 4:52 pm
Dane DeHaan Joins Christopher Nolan’s ‘Oppenheimer’
Character details for DeHaan is being kept in a lead-lined bunker.

DeHaan broke through as a teen seduced by superpowers in the 2012 hit Chronicle. That launched him on a trajectory in which he snagged the Goblin role in 2014’s Spider-Man and gigs such as Terrence Malick’s Knight of Cups and Gore Verbinski’s A Cure for Wellness. His last major movie outing was 2017’s Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, which failed to launch a hoped-for franchise.

The actor has spent the last few years working in TV, including the crime drama limited series ZeroZeroZero and last year’s Lisey’s Story, Apple’s high-profile Stephen King adaptation with Julianne Moore and directed by Pablo Larrain.
I think he is playing young Oppenheimer

Hmmm...got to be honest, I have no opinion on this guy. I've only seen him in the Garfield's Spiderman and Chronicle and didn't like any of those.

Mr.Plottwist wrote:
February 7th, 2022, 5:02 pm
I think he is playing young Oppenheimer
Either that, or his younger brother!

Fuckin sweet. He is so great in Place Beyond the Pines. And yeah. There’s no way he’s NOT playing young Oppenheimer.

This cast is really insane, this is clearly one of his best, the more actors/actresses added, the more I love it! And I really liked his performance in The Place Beyond the Pines, he was indeed excellent. And Given DeHann's age, he might be playing Oppenheimer's brother too, it's a possibility.
Last edited by Nolan62 on February 7th, 2022, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
February 7th, 2022, 6:11 pm
Fuckin sweet. He is so great in Place Beyond the Pines. And yeah. There’s no way he’s NOT playing young Oppenheimer.
very underrated film

Who here thinks a few more casting names are yet to drop?

Why the hell would Nolan cast a 36 years old to play young Oppenheimer? There's no way he's playing young Oppenheimer.

Demoph wrote:
February 7th, 2022, 7:06 pm
Why the hell would Nolan cast a 36 years old to play young Oppenheimer? There's no way he's playing young Oppenheimer.
Correct. That suggestion is laughable.