What are you working on?

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

uh marriage story blown out the FUCKIN water

very cool

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 12:44 am
uh marriage story blown out the FUCKIN water

very cool
hah! thanks, dude - baumbach has definitely been an inspiration for me these last couple years. thesis is completely different (but also very much the same)

making like a 5 min project with some pals using

b&w 35mm
color neg 16mm
and ektachrome 16mm

someone pls stop me and my pretense

A cinematographer friend of mine and myself were asked by a friend to collaborate on a short film which is essentially the first 15 minutes of an opera by 20th century French composer Francis Poulenc. It serves as a sort of "promotional material" or "teaser" for the actual performance which will ideally be shown on smaller stages - whenever COVID-19 decides to go away. But they asked us to record a third of the 45-minute-long piece, La voix humaine or The Human Voice, which is about a suicidal woman talking to her (ex-)lover over the phone for the entirety of the performance. There was a talented stage director who, in co-operation with the singer, staged and directed these few minutes, and we had to figure out how to move around the singer as she is performing, but I think the final result is going to be interesting! It is really a no-budget project that had to be shot in one location, a café (a far from ideal location), but I think we all did well, and the material is in post-production now.

Interestingly, we didn't plan to, but managed to do the whole thing (these 15 minutes) in one shot, so I think it will be interesting to see and hear. Here are a few screenshots I thought I would share with you until the final product is ready:

I wrote and directed the sequel to phantom thread (just kidding.. mostly)

quick lil one light LUT on a 4k log scan from color lab. all 500T/7219 on Zeiss Super Speeds

Michaelf2225 wrote:
September 6th, 2021, 9:10 pm

quick lil one light LUT on a 4k log scan from color lab. all 500T/7219 on Zeiss Super Speeds
looks gorgeous, 35mm? i recently shot some 16mm and super8, can't get enough of the texture.

is this your senior thesis film? or a separate project?

lordomega wrote:
October 30th, 2021, 8:58 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
September 6th, 2021, 9:10 pm

looks gorgeous, 35mm? i recently shot some 16mm and super8, can't get enough of the texture.

is this your senior thesis film? or a separate project?
thanks for the kind words! it's 500T Super 16 - haven't done anything of my own on 35 quite yet.

im out of school now, and this is my first post-grad project

im out of school now, and this is my first post-grad project
looks really nice, did you apply an orange filter on the front? i've heard from a few DPs that tungsten stock balanced to daylight is richer than simply shooting daylight.

what's the project? i'd love to watch it when it's available.

lookin good 2225