Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
The reactions to the casting of Cillian Murphy as Oppenheimer have been overwhelmingly positive. Even those who raised their eyebrows at Nolan's contract deal with Universal are appeased. After years of being Nolan's bridesmaid, Cillian Murphy has finally become his bride.

joining my cocaine and tom hardy as his favorite british brides

Bale Fan wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 1:23 am
Neither of them ever got a lead though. :shifty: Also, Cillian is Irish.

Allstar wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 1:28 am
Bale Fan wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 1:23 am
Neither of them ever got a lead though. :shifty: Also, Cillian is Irish.
whoops i didn’t know that about cillian :sick:

yeah but i have a feeling he loves my cocaine and tom hardy more than most other actors he’s worked with. treating tdk trilogy as one single movie, don’t they get cast more than other actors?

Caine yes but not Hardy.

Hardy’s worked with Nolan 3 times. This will be Cillian’s 4th time (6th if you include cameos in TDK and TDKR. Regardless, it’s not a competition. He’s loves all the actors he reworks with, it just depends who is best for which role.

As much as LOVE Hardy and My Cocaine...filling out the cast with all Brits might not be the best thing for this project. You need to have some Americans, and possible German/Austrians....would be wild if we got Fassbender in this. My brain keeps telling me that Josh Brolin is gonna be in this...don't know why.

Most importantly! What pop star or 90s character actor is Nolan gonna put in this!?

I'm most interested to see who's gonna be the female lead

I keep thinking Kyle Chandler, it’s almost too obvious. A re-team I’m actually thinking is most likely is Rylance I dunno why.

Oppenheimer’s wife was 7 years younger than him but I’m not sure that matters TOO much in terms of casting, just relatively similar age to Cillian.

Oku wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 8:02 pm
Yeah, Mr. Hardy as Mr. Einstein...WTF LOL

What I would like is Ms. (Rooney) Mara as the lead actress, which could be either former girlfriend Ms. Tatlock ("Tatlock committed suicide on January 4, 1944, which left Oppenheimer deeply grieved.") or Mrs. Oppenheimer.

I feel that she would have excellent chemistry with Mr. Murphy.
Team Mara as well!

I doubt he takes an actress that has already played the same kind of character in a biopic (Foy, Knightley), or who is well known for playing wives (Krieps (as suggested n other thread) or Michelle Williams).

In Interstellar, even smaller parts were played by Lithgow, T.Grace, Affleck, Oeylowo, Busrtyn and Damon! I think it's safe to expect a similar kind of cast, where even small parts are played by well-known actors, even if they are not stars (except Damon, but he didn't participate to the marketing of the film).

I'd love to see Kyle Chandler as well, cause he's always good yet always let the leads get the recognition; Bryan Cranston would be great too.

Mulligan might be my dream choice for the wife role. A re-team with Cillian/Blunt would be cool too. Before complaining they’re British they’ve both done American accents flawlessly numerous times.

However, after reading up on the character… I actually think the BEST fit is Diane Kruger. Not as trendy as some other picks but I THINK she really fits the role to a T.