Hoyte van Hoytema's Cinematography

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
Tarssauce wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:39 pm
Glad Hoyte is back!

It’ll be interesting to see how they’ll use IMAX on this. They push the format and innovate with every movie they make. It’ll be amazing no doubt.
Maybe this time they can get closer to fixing the dialogue restraints of shooting with IMAX

Who was the clown on the forum who said Hoyte was done with Nolan because he wasn't proud of the work on Tenet?

KEM wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:50 pm
Maybe this time they can get closer to fixing the dialogue restraints of shooting with IMAX
Maybe but the fact they’re also using 5-perf 65mm means they’re not there yet.

Oku wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:16 pm
I hope that this being a biopic and not an action film, that the IMAX scenes can have a precise logic behind their usage, instead of his usual style of squeezing in as much IMAX footage in as possible by constantly shifting the aspect ratio.

Out of his films The Dark Knight comes the closest to that. There is also Star Trek Into Darkness (all outdoor scenes are IMAX, all indoor scenes non-IMAX), and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (scenes inside the death arena are IMAX).
It may not be an "action film" or a "war film," but it's being described as a "pulse-pounding" thriller.

KEM
Bacon wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 5:21 pm
Oku wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:16 pm
I hope that this being a biopic and not an action film, that the IMAX scenes can have a precise logic behind their usage, instead of his usual style of squeezing in as much IMAX footage in as possible by constantly shifting the aspect ratio.

Out of his films The Dark Knight comes the closest to that. There is also Star Trek Into Darkness (all outdoor scenes are IMAX, all indoor scenes non-IMAX), and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (scenes inside the death arena are IMAX).
It may not be an "action film" or a "war film," but it's being described as a "pulse-pounding" thriller.
This is gonna be tense, that describing got me very excited

I mean, he clearly has found something new again that will justifies the visceral trill of the theatrical experience!!

So glad Hoyte is back, again, no surprise here!!

"well i don't know what i expected"

A Borges man wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:55 pm
Who was the clown on the forum who said Hoyte was done with Nolan because he wasn't proud of the work on Tenet?
We dont like to talk about "that" post :lol:

I still firmly believe Dunkirk is Nolan's best looking film to date. And I have a good feeling this one will challenge it.