Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Has anyone now timed how much of it was in IMAX?

SINCEPTION wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 2:45 am
Someone had. Not necessarily on this forum. I think they clocked it around 75 minutes, not sure.

If you give me the time of day, I could get it down to the very second for you. But if someone already did that, I'll save my energy and shine the limelight on them, haha.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 3:56 am
SINCEPTION wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 2:45 am
Someone had. Not necessarily on this forum. I think they clocked it around 75 minutes, not sure.

If you give me the time of day, I could get it down to the very second for you. But if someone already did that, I'll save my energy and shine the limelight on them, haha.
I haven’t seen the exact total duration for it. I personally roughly timed it in theaters 70mins which I expected it to be a lot more because I missed bunch of scenes and a lot of cutaways were even on IMAX

turns out that theaters are just now opening in Chile, and Tenet is scheduled, it would make sense for this one to be blu ray first, theater second, you know backwards and shit, it still hurts me that i didnt see it first in imax, i`ll have to live with that.

AMC Citywalk slated to show Tenet in 70mm IMAX starting March 19th

hotsauce32 wrote:
March 13th, 2021, 4:14 am
AMC Citywalk slated to show Tenet in 70mm IMAX starting March 19th

Yes, a special guest will be attending the 8:30 PM Screening! For Dunkirk it was Hoyte and the team at Panavision. :D

I finally watched it on IMAX 70m last night at Universal City Walk. Man that was so loud, but the image quality 😳😍

SINCEPTION wrote:
March 28th, 2021, 10:57 am
I finally watched it on IMAX 70m last night at Universal City Walk. Man that was so loud, but the image quality 😳😍
I'm going to go soon, as well—how does it compare to the IMAX laser projection at Irvine. I imagine the sound would be "louder" and more "felt"—in my past experience with 15/70 Nolan films, the sound was very loud—loud where you can feel it in your chest, sort of thing. And at Irvine, while it was loud, it didn't feel as loud as the 15/70 screenings I had gone to over the years.

At the opera siege, when Protagonist and the other men around him begin to run, as the swat team moves into the auditorium—synchronized to the beat of the score; can that moment be felt "more" due to the sound?

giodashorts wrote:
March 28th, 2021, 11:54 am
SINCEPTION wrote:
I'm going to go soon, as well—how does it compare to the IMAX laser projection at Irvine. I imagine the sound would be "louder" and more "felt"—in my past experience with 15/70 Nolan films, the sound was very loud—loud where you can feel it in your chest, sort of thing. And at Irvine, while it was loud, it didn't feel as loud as the 15/70 screenings I had gone to over the years.

At the opera siege, when Protagonist and the other men around him begin to run, as the swat team moves into the auditorium—synchronized to the beat of the score; can that moment be felt "more" due to the sound?
Yes a loooot louder! To me this was louder than Dunkirk!!! I thought the sound kixing of Dunkirk was so spot on and perfect.

Not just that scene, but the plane, and truck scenes!!!

Also the parking was free surprisingly.

SINCEPTION wrote:
March 28th, 2021, 3:43 pm
giodashorts wrote:
March 28th, 2021, 11:54 am
SINCEPTION wrote:

Yes a loooot louder! To me this was louder than Dunkirk!!! I thought the sound kixing of Dunkirk was so spot on and perfect.

Not just that scene, but the plane, and truck scenes!!!

Also the parking was free surprisingly.
That's fantastic. I'm really looking forward to it now! And thank you for the information about the parking, too.