Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
That is now by far the biggest US market it's been available in i believe? very curious if you get some new ppl goin to see it, or ppl who just want to see it in a theater

Dragon_316ca wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 1:40 pm
https://deadline.com/2021/03/tenet-fina ... 234704793/
EXCLUSIVE: Christopher Nolan’s Tenet, the movie which reopened movie theaters during the pandemic in late August, will finally see the light of day in New York City as that market allows cinemas to come back.

This Friday, Tenet will play in AMC Lincoln Square, AMC Empire, AMC Kips Bay, Village East by Angelika (70mm) and Showcase Cinemas Jamaica.

The Warner Bros. release will be available in Imax and 70MM as well at AMC Lincoln Square.

This is a big symbolic deal: Nolan was a huge proponent, among several motion picture industry titans, behind the scenes over many months in dealing with New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo’s office, and convincing him that cinemas were safe enough to reopen. Mission finally accomplished here.
:clap:

Fuckin finally. Cuomo is a fucking joke.

Right? How dare that guy try to protect people's well being, instead of thinking about my favourite filmmaker's career success.

Pretty embarrassing that this guy was once a mod. No offense.

Master Virgo wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 3:30 am
Right? How dare that guy try to protect people's well being, instead of thinking about my favourite filmmaker's career success.
Haven’t read the news lately, yeah?

ChristNolan wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 1:59 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 3:30 am
Haven’t read the news lately, yeah?
Kind of weird that Virgo thinks Cuomo isn't a huge idiot...all things considered. If he cared about keeping New York safe he would have you know...done something...closing down movie theatres was just a tiny easy thing to do, but was meaningless compared to what happened. Theatres were closed and New York was still a covid hellscape.

Oops, hit some nerves with a bunch of fanboys huh?

Master Virgo wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 4:06 pm
Oops, hit some nerves with a bunch of fanboys huh?
Nope, you came off ignorant to the actual realities of the pandemic, good job always running to your "fanboys" accusation...

You folks wouldn't understand "the realities of the pandemic" if Fauci was your father. Please don't make me laugh like that.