House of the Dragon (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 4:49 am
so hyped for my boi Sapochnik making this fully his own
Be ready for the backlash when a) the story doesn't match people's headcanon and b) a couple of episodes aren't 100% perfect masterpieces. If I learned anything with this fandom, it's that merely because they managed to read a couple of books and had decades to make up fan theories they think they're allowed to get vicious.

I honestly do not care for the haters

Olivia Cooke (Ready Player One), Emma D'Arcy (Wanderlust) and Matt Smith (The Crown, Dr. Who) have been tapped to star in the straight-to-series drama. Additionally, Greg Yaitanes (Banshee) has boarded as a director and co-exec producer, with Clare Kilner (Snowpiercer) and Geeta Patel (The Witcher) also set to helm episodes of the fantasy series.

Cooke will play Alicent Hightower, who is described by HBO as "the daughter of Otto Hightower, the Hand of the King, and the most comely woman in the Seven Kingdoms. She was raised in the Red Keep, close to the king and his innermost circle; she possesses both a courtly grace and a keen political acumen."

D’Arcy is set as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, described as "the king’s first-born child, she is of pure Valyrian blood, and she is a dragonrider. Many would say that Rhaenyra was born with everything … but she was not born a man."

Smith will portray Prince Daemon Targaryen, who is the "younger brother to King Viserys and heir to the throne. A peerless warrior and a dragonrider, Daemon possesses the true blood of the dragon. But it is said that whenever a Targaryen is born, the gods toss a coin in the air."

Cooke, D'Arcy and Smith join the previously cast Paddy Considine (The Outsider) as King Viserys Targaryen, who, per HBO, was "chosen by the lords of Westeros to succeed the Old King, Jaehaerys Targaryen, at the Great Council at Harrenhal. A warm, kind and decent man, Viserys only wishes to carry forward his grandfather's legacy. But good men do not necessarily make for great kings."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... th-to-star

OK, this all sounds pretty interesting.

I hope Sapochnik will direct more than one episode tho

Hmm...I don't picture Matt Smith when I think of Daemon Targaryen. I imagine someone a little more macho and with a harder edge...well, he may surprise...