Home Video Release - 4K/Blu-Ray/Digital/DVD

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
This has to be one of the best 4k's ever. Looks unbelievable.

LOL the movie releases on home video, and this board is silent.

I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring... this was the most my sub had ever worked out before! I mean, I get more intimidated that it's going to bottom out at some point during the wormhole scene in Interstellar than any time in this film, but this thing definitely is put to work the entire way through. I've never felt my room pressurize like that before, especially right when the credits hit.

It also does reveal glaring weaknesses in one's HT system. My living room doesn't have acoustic treatments, so unfortunately none of the sound is tight for me. I envy those who have a dedicated home theater system, truly!

Got this beauty today! Will give it a spin tomorrow.
Heard the LFE is off the charts on this one - too bad I’m running on 5.0 right now.

looks very nice

and the disc too ;)

Glad they finally gave us something with the bullet hole.

I’m jealous of people with 4K set ups - lots of talks about this one being one of the best looking films ever on the format.

Forum Pro
Tarssauce wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:11 am
Glad they finally gave us something with the bullet hole.

I’m jealous of people with 4K set ups - lots of talks about this one being one of the best looking films ever on the format.
I can confirm this, the transfer is absolutely sublime. I thought Dunkirk was his best 4K disc and this blows that out of the water.

Tarssauce wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 10:53 am

Got this beauty today! Will give it a spin tomorrow.
Heard the LFE is off the charts on this one - too bad I’m running on 5.0 right now.
Did you end up getting this through Amazon Germany or UK?

Janky Sam wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 4:21 pm
Did you end up getting this through Amazon Germany or UK?
UK. For some reason it was never available to me through Amazon Germany.

My US standard UHD copy is on its way but honestly... the 9 seconds cut are not that big of a deal after all. It was done so smoothly but obviously it’s not the version Nolan intended and not what I saw in theaters.

DylanHoang wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:43 am
I can confirm this, the transfer is absolutely sublime. I thought Dunkirk was his best 4K disc and this blows that out of the water.
This and Dunkirk will definitely be the first films I play once I upgrade to an OLED display.

I have an Oled display but not a 4k blu ray player yet ! (im still pissed that the ps4 pro didnt have a 4k blu ray in it, honestly!), its an LG, wich im not being sponsored or anything like that but their pannels always seem better to my eye than samsung or sony or any of the other brands that make it to my market, its not even necessary to watch 4k stuff on it to apreciate the beauty of it, 1080p content with a strong bit rate looks better than anything 4k by streaming to this day, the 1080p Dunkirk disc looks stunning, even without the HDR, i can only imagine what Tenet looks like in 4k hdr, i hope i can get my hands on a ps5 to have 4k blu ray built in.

Forum Pro
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 5:08 pm
I have an Oled display but not a 4k blu ray player yet ! (im still pissed that the ps4 pro didnt have a 4k blu ray in it, honestly!), its an LG, wich im not being sponsored or anything like that but their pannels always seem better to my eye than samsung or sony or any of the other brands that make it to my market, its not even necessary to watch 4k stuff on it to apreciate the beauty of it, 1080p content with a strong bit rate looks better than anything 4k by streaming to this day, the 1080p Dunkirk disc looks stunning, even without the HDR, i can only imagine what Tenet looks like in 4k hdr, i hope i can get my hands on a ps5 to have 4k blu ray built in.
The black levels and overall contrast of Tenet's 4K look stupid good on an OLED. I just sat back stunned, yet again, during that opera scene. It was like I was watching it for the first time all over again.