Thor: Love & Thunder (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 11:51 pm
Yeah looking forward to this reunion.

Lol, took me a second there. :lol: :clap:

Batman's Batman wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Bale may be asked to join this movie, but will he join? No. Bale doesn't make movies for a paycheck, and playing a role in Taika Waititi's goofy Thor movie is something you'd do only for a paycheck. There's nothing in terms of acting that can interest an actor of his caliber. Not to mention, he's said he's done with capeshit. If he'd want to return to this niche of films, why pick up a project that will not allow you to do anything acting-wise outside of doing what three hundred other actors have aleady done in the MCU? Bale will decline, and thank god. They will waste him. But he already knows that.
You do realise that the lone fact that he's in negotiation stage means he's interested in the film? Studios don't just get to this stage without previous conversations. Now it's just about money and schedule.

I know directors have minimal creative freedom in MCU films, but this interview with Taika is depressing to read. He's brutally honest about how he gets to decide stuff even if he writes the script
There’s so much excitement about the Natalie Portman of it all in the next “Thor.” How closely are you going to hew to the comics? Is her character Jane Foster going to have cancer in it?
We don’t know. That comics run was a big inspiration, and was an influence on the first few drafts. But at Marvel, we always change everything. I could say one thing right now, and in two years, it will be the complete opposite — or that thing won’t exist. We continue writing even in post-production.

Based on what Marvel wants?
Based on what the audience wants. We test the film. We shot for two weeks on “Thor” with our pickups. There were huge, huge character changes, huge story changes. We reshot entire scenes. I think that’s why they do good work. They’re relentless in their pursuit of just a good movie.

Would you like for Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie to be explicitly queer in this next movie?
I think so. The IP is not mine. But with the actors, I feel whatever makes them comfortable — whether they feel like there’s a natural choice, or a natural way for that character to go — then I’m pretty supportive. If Tessa wanted to do that, I’m in.
https://variety.com/2020/film/features/ ... 203501770/

Ace
Batman's Batman wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Bale may be asked to join this movie, but will he join? No.

Last edited by Ace on March 6th, 2020, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy shit... best news I never thought I would care for :D You either die a hero...

Borys Kit @Borys_Kit
THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER previously dated on 11/5/21 moves to 2/18/22.

Forum Pro
Law
Panapaok wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 2:55 pm
Borys Kit @Borys_Kit
THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER previously dated on 11/5/21 moves to 2/18/22.
Jeez the quarantine ain't lasting that long

Sif Returns To The MCU: Jaimie Alexander To Reprise Role In ‘Thor: Love And Thunder’
After missing out on Thor: Ragnarok, Jaimie Alexander is set to make return to Asgard. Sources tell Deadline Alexander will return to the next installment in the Thor series, Thor: Love And Thunder in the role of Sif.

Marvel had no comment.

Sources also add this may not be the only property Sif appears as insiders believe Alexander could also have a guest spot on the Disney+ series Loki.

Panapaok wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 9:38 pm
The funny thing about Gorr is that his comic arc involves three different Thors from three different timelines, and is sad, dark, and truly cosmically epic...sort of like a Nolan flick.

But this movie is gonna be wall to wall jokes, and is essentially Avengers 5...so I shouldn't hold out hope that this is gonna relate to the comics in any way.