TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
blackColumn wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 10:52 am
Studio execs are not thrilled that Nolan's films have consistently grossed less and less at Box office starting with TDKR.
Yes, that's why they gave him another 250 million dollars.

Also, didn't TDKR bring in more than a billion dollars?

So let me get this straight:

1. Nolan makes Tenet.
2. Corona.
3. Theaters close but are in serious trouble of recovering, employees are not getting paid.
4. Nolan writes an OPED for saying “theaters are important.”
5. WB pushes Tenet date several different times, until they can’t afford to sit on it anymore because of money, and Nolan urges SOMETHING to try and save theaters.
6. Twitter accuses Nolan of trying to murder people (?)... by I guess forcing them to watch Tenet because he "doesn't care" about human life??? (Fuck i dunno)
7. WB --- literally in the quiet of the night with no one knowing --- puts their whole fucking 2021 movie catalogue on HBOMAX. They tell none of the people involved OTHER than the Wonder Woman crew for some insane reason, according to multiple reports.
8. Nolan gets fired up and does something he NEVER does and goes to the entertainment tonight and says, basically, “THEY TOLD US NOTHING IT’S SHITTY”. CUT TO...
9. Twitter saying again Nolan is a bad person (somehow???) and he tried to kill everyone by making them watch his movie and he’s some sad rich man asking for a handout when in ACTUALITY he’s trying to fucking stand up for filmmakers...

Like...WHO in their right mind takes the side of WB in this? Nolan needs to pack his bags and swallow a little crow and go over to Netflix like Cuaron did. This is just a lot of horseshit.

Ace

DHOPW42 wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 11:00 am
blackColumn wrote:
Studio execs are not thrilled that Nolan's films have consistently grossed less and less at Box office starting with TDKR.

1. And look what he did with that money.

2. TDKR box office did not meet expectations.
Nothing gets me as excited as his films but it is just plain stats at this point

He made brilliant films with that money!

That podcast will be extra juicy. Glad he’s doing more promo.

blackColumn wrote:
That seems unlikely:
-TDKR was the end of a successful BATMAN trilogy of films and a sequel to TDK.
-Before that Inception made big money because it came out of the hype from TDK,had big star power with Leo and it was an entertaining summer blockbuster.
-I'm convinced Paramount did a poor job properly marketing Interstellar in the states, despite that, the film did pretty darn good for the type of genre that it was.
-Same goes for Dunkirk, its the highest grossing WW2 film.
-Tenet was pretty much meant to be a $500m+ grossing film.

I can't see WB burning bridges with Nolan but I can see the opposite happening if another studio comes in.
Last edited by brickarts295 on December 8th, 2020, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackColumn wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 2:27 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 11:00 am
blackColumn wrote:

1. And look what he did with that money.

2. TDKR box office did not meet expectations.
Nothing gets me as excited as his films but it is just plain stats at this point
TDKR is still his highest grossing movie :P

Ace wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 2:05 pm

"Nolan announces they're making The Dark Knight trilogy in video game form with Arkham gameplay" would almost make this whole year worth it (ok, considering all the deaths, maybe not, but still :P )

Also, if it's not Fast Five, people will riot.

he's basically said he's gonna do these big movie ideas he has while he still has the chance -- so he knows inevitably these epics will end. However, I do think whatever he does next will have an extra bit of juice bc of what happened with tenet and HBOMax.

who he makes that for will be interesting. as said above, there's gonna be a line out the door offering him whatever he wants, and they will adhere to his theater guidelines.

Sky007 wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 4:15 pm
he's basically said he's gonna do these big movie ideas he has while he still has the chance -- so he knows inevitably these epics will end. However, I do think whatever he does next will have an extra bit of juice bc of what happened with tenet and HBOMax.

who he makes that for will be interesting. as said above, there's gonna be a line out the door offering him whatever he wants, and they will adhere to his theater guidelines.
Who knows what will happen in the end. But even though I have nothing against Disney, I just hope it won't be them whom he decides to work with next if it comes to be.