Appearances of the Cast and Crew

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
antovolk wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 8:30 am
Did a thread on this thing
Ugh, that's awful. Seeing it in two hours and I will be kind of upset if this happens at my showing. One thing I can't stand is when theaters play movies windowboxed. It happened to me on Batman v. Superman because they had that Barco Escape set up for the Maze Runner sequel. Went and spoke to the manager during the trailers and he told me they would fix it before the film came on. Did they? Nope. And it was incredibly distracting.

How many of ya'll have experienced this with Tenet?

Dragon_316ca wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 4:00 pm
Informative and hilarious interview with Nolan & JDW (@ 11:24 mark).

DUNKIRK! :lol:
hilarious interview and the interviewers do have some very good questions

Dragon_316ca wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 4:00 pm
Informative and hilarious interview with Nolan & JDW (@ 11:24 mark).

DUNKIRK! :lol:
Nolan is hilarious. I love that he'll just tell people when he doesn't want to do something, when most people would embarrass themselves doing something outside their comfort zone.

Does this count? :lol:

Ace
Love this.

Party on, Christopher Nolan! 'Tenet' director can quote 'Wayne's World' like a boss
"He can quote 'Wayne's World.' You didn't know that, did you?" a grinning Washington says during a Zoom interview with USA TODAY.

The actor, who also loves "Wayne's World," recalls the time when he and Nolan "bonded" over the comedy's signature call-and-answer: "Party on, Wayne!" followed by "Party on, Garth!" "I threw it out there before a take once and he laughed and responded appropriately like, 'Oh, so you know the movie well.' And he does."

"It must be the films I make. People are always shocked to find out that I would ever watch a comedy or that I'm a big fan of 'Talladega Nights,' for example," Nolan says, laughing. "I think it was Anne Hathaway who outed me as a huge 'MacGruber' fan and that's kind of lived with me for years at this point."

Relating to people on a human level in order to create a successful working dynamic is "super important," Nolan says, and it's something he learned directing Al Pacino in the psychological thriller "Insomnia."

"I was very much a young up-and-comer and he was such a legend," Nolan says. "The thing that I really noticed about him was he was extremely disarming, right from the get-go. Not that we talked about 'Wayne's World,' but he made it very clear to me and I always carried it with me: Movie stars, directors, whatever, you can't bring your reputations or your past work on to set. You have to be a team of equals and collaborators and looking to just do the best thing possible."

The Special One wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 4:21 pm
It's hilarious to me how many interviewers bring up the fact the fact that he moved back in with his parents during the pandemic and how self-conscious he is about it every time lol. You can tell he's really sick of being asked about it.

Ace