Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 12:16 am
Hans just praised Ludwig on Facebook, real recognizes real
What did he say?

KEM
ei18 wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 3:46 pm
KEM wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 12:16 am
Hans just praised Ludwig on Facebook, real recognizes real
What did he say?
“Ludwig is an amazing composer! I love his music and he’s a brilliantly nice guy!”

Tarssauce wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 2:46 pm
OMFG
Someone uploaded the second vault fight on YT. And wow... that cue was one of my favorites. The part when they leave the container and move towards the burning plane (which isn’t in the clip). That part uses the same tune that plays in RNIT at 06:06.

Then when he starts fighting with his earlier self the full Protagonist theme starts playing (Windmills, The Protagonist) against a super psychedelic synth arpeggio.

The first vault fight is just pure action and adrenaline. This mysterious figure emerging out of the turnstile. The second vault fight is just so emotional musically. GENIUS.
I wish Ludwig releases an extended version - a 2-CD set and 3 vinyl set seems to be in the works so that’s a golden opportunity. Or we’ll just have to live with film rips until the complete score gets out somehow.
I can’t find it anywhere on youtube. Whats the name of the video? :(

andresi09 wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 4:35 pm
I can’t find it anywhere on youtube. Whats the name of the video? :(
Just type “Tenet second fight scene”
I urge everyone to listen to "Red room / Blue Room" in reverse. It's literally a palindrome holy wow!

Y’all. I can’t stop listening to the soundtrack.... Rainy Night in Tallinn, especially those notes that play when Protagonist is hurrying to grab the bombs *chef’s kiss* And of course, The Protagonist.....that ending man. Too good. Just too good. Is there an accordion in there or am I going nuts?
Of course I miss Hans and can’t help but wonder what he would’ve produced here, but I love this soundtrack. It fits the film perfectly in my opinion.

KEM
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 10:05 pm
Y’all. I can’t stop listening to the soundtrack.... Rainy Night in Tallinn, especially those notes that play when Protagonist is hurrying to grab the bombs *chef’s kiss* And of course, The Protagonist.....that ending man. Too good. Just too good. Is there an accordion in there or am I going nuts?
Of course I miss Hans and can’t help but wonder what he would’ve produced here, but I love this soundtrack. It fits the film perfectly in my opinion.
You talking about when he’s running to the coat check? Best part of the entire score, without a doubt

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 10:05 pm
Those are definitely two of the best ones. My go-to though is always Posterity, such an epic track. Then I always find myself having to listen to Inversion, Trucks in Place, Foils, From Mumbai to Amalfi, Freeport, Betrayal, Meeting Neil... so basically half the soundtrack lol.

And KEM, I believe the part he's referring to is the siren-like noise that starts at like 6:08. After the coat check and the "Not our job"/"Mine now" scene, when he goes back out to collect the bombs and just before the guy puts the gun to his head. My favorite part of that track as well.

KEM
Ludwig just won the Emmy for Mando!!

@KEM and @Hustler YES. That is indeed the part. Fucking EARGASMIC. :gonf:

Vader182 wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 2:08 am
SINCEPTION wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 1:15 am
Is it just me to be disappointed overall by the soundtrack? There are only two tracks that really impressed me.
The prologue.

The track that JDW met Neil the first time which interestingly was used the first when we see Kat meeting her son after school!

The airplane crash really disappointed me.

But the sound editing of the battle scene that was reverted was amazing
I'm not disappointed per se (I've had the OST on repeat as it's very much my shit in general, it's overall very great) but I do think Nolan tackling his most ambitious project with new collaborators in editing and scoring was a mistake.

Frankly, it exposes how much Nolan has relied on Zimmer and Lee Smith to help craft emotional through-lines and visual clarity in his movies for him, especially due to his ultra-loose two takes and check the gate shooting style.

-Vader
OK disappointing is too strong of a word, but I'm not impressed for most of the parts. I love that he took raw, edgy Techno in some of the tracks. Especially at the mid point where a pivotal scene starts, I love how it starts with edgy techno beats and kicks, but overall it falls flat. I can't listen to that track alone by itself, in fact for most of the tracks that applies. Maybe if I wasn't a huge Techno and Trance listener and DJ, I wouldn't be so picky about it. Most of the tracks work for the scene while watching.
Track I'm talking about is for the Truck scene. and for 747 scene, to me that track is an iteration of Inception OST. I wanted something epic and fresh, not a remix!