Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
70mm IMAX? Nah
Dual laser? ...Nah
70mm? Hell nah
35mm? Nah
4k? Meybe
1080p? Hell yea! Let me hook you up real quick brother $20

neb4ever wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 12:30 am
Maybe if enough people email the CEO of Cineworld we can change it? I doubt it, but he claims to be a cinefile and cares about theatrical presentation lol
If only his business practices reflected that. I just mailed a petition with 130 signatures to Regal HQ for the situation in Orlando. A win for us could also spread to the other locations.

neb4ever wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 10:32 pm
From David Keighley CQO of IMAX

"Unfortunately there are no plans for 70MM IMAX at this location.

The single laser projector is very good, yes capable of only 1.90 but probably, the sharpest projector there is at 80 feet wide.

Tenet IMAX shoots, were derived from an IMAX film negative which has a resolution of
216 megapixels per frame. Therefore the IMAX presentation are extremely crisp and sharp.

If you need a 70MM fix, you will have to come to Universal Citywalk in LA, Esquire IMAX in Sacramento AMC Metreon in SanFransico. I hope they open soon.

Thanks for being a fan and welcome back to the movies."

I'm still going to email the CEO of Cineworld to try and convince them to upgrade to dual IMAX laser projection.

UPDATE: Regal Irvine has the single IMAX laser bolted into the floor. They are also getting rid of the IMAX 70mm projector permanently ):
Heartbreaking, Saw Endgame, Interstellar and Dunkirk there after Cinemark 18 changed their IMAX 70mm screen into XD and I saw TDKR and other IMAX showings.

These Nolan 70mm showings are pretty much a goddamn luxury at this rate :lol:
Going to wait for Citywalk and hope for the best. Thanks for the heads up about the cancelled showings.

:shock: :cry:

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 7:03 pm

They fixed the IMAX projector, but it's still the wrong aspect ratio and only single Laser.

SINCEPTION wrote:

“Welcome, Christopher Nolan! Btw, we didn’t think it was worth the money to project your film correctly, surely no one cares or notices.”

neb4ever wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 7:35 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:

They fixed the IMAX projector, but it's still the wrong aspect ratio and only single Laser.
what you mean wrong? for single laser, it's supposed to be 1.90:1 aspect ratio isn't it?

dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 8:36 pm
neb4ever wrote:
SINCEPTION wrote:

what you mean wrong? for single laser, it's supposed to be 1.90:1 aspect ratio isn't it?
The problem isn't the aspect ratio related to the technology, the problem is the technology. It ain't 15/70mm film projection for a 1.43:1 AR. That's what's wrong.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 8:40 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 8:36 pm
neb4ever wrote:

The problem isn't the aspect ratio related to the technology, the problem is the technology. It ain't 15/70mm film projection for a 1.43:1 AR. That's what's wrong.
haha got it. yea..it's just disappointing.

also, someone said that they fixed the imax projection issues? tickets aren't still not for sales though...

Tickets are on sale for IMAX Irvine.