Your Favorite Books

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I’m open to anything in general but right now I’m into historical nonfiction.

Allstar wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 4:32 pm
cannot help you there lol

-Vader

Allstar wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 3:40 pm
Does anyone have any book recommendations that are particularly good as audiobooks?
LOTR Narrated by Phil Dragash. It's a fan reading but he does all the voices as well as added a soundscape and score for the entire thing, apparently took years to do. It really made it immersive and saved me during a large chunk of quarantine lol.

https://tokybook.com/lord-rings-audiobooks-01/
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on September 14th, 2020, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks and thanks anyway.

Right now I’m listening to Killers of the Flower Moon for obvious reasons which is engrossing so far.

:clap: :clap: The Song of Achilles :clap: :clap:

Allstar wrote:
Do you enjoy podcasts? If so, I'm a huge fan of American Revolution Podcast by Michael Troy and The History of Rome by Mike Duncan. Both are extensive and wildly in depth. I am well over 100 episodes into the American Revolution podcast, and only about 35 episodes into the Rome one.

It's nice to get a no-fluff view of these time periods in short, digestible episodes. I often listen to them on my way to and from work. I definitely recommend them to anyone interested in either of those time periods.

ChristNolan wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 4:55 pm
Allstar wrote:
Do you enjoy podcasts? If so, I'm a huge fan of American Revolution Podcast by Michael Troy and The History of Rome by Mike Duncan. Both are extensive and wildly in depth. I am well over 100 episodes into the American Revolution podcast, and only about 35 episodes into the Rome one.

It's nice to get a no-fluff view of these time periods in short, digestible episodes. I often listen to them on my way to and from work. I definitely recommend them to anyone interested in either of those time periods.
Yes and thanks! Sounds great.