DADDY BIDEN WON: USA Presidential Election Trump v. Biden (2020)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Who is going to win the 2020 Presidential Election? real talk

Poll ended at October 29th, 2020, 10:44 am

Trump/Pence
21%
Biden/Harris
79%

Total votes: 28

fuck me this election scares the ever living shit out me please god let the wave of Trump hate carry Biden to victory dear god almighty

You know what would make it easier for Democrats to win? If they embraced policies that the voters want like Medicare for All and a Green New Deal...I'm just sayin'. "Not Trump" alone does not get people excited enough to go out and vote.

Batfan175 wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 12:43 pm
You know what would make it easier for Democrats to win? If they embraced policies that the voters want like Medicare for All and a Green New Deal...I'm just sayin'. "Not Trump" alone does not get people excited enough to go out and vote.
Bernie Sanders could not excite people enough to vote for him in the primaries

not even sure what people want at this point

Ruth wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 12:51 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 12:43 pm
Bernie Sanders could not excite people enough to vote for him in the primaries

not even sure what people want at this point
Hey, just because most people got scared into voting for the supposedly "safer" Dem candidate does not mean that the solutions he's offering are the right ones or even decent or effective. People supported Medicare For All in the exit polls during the Dem primaries even as they voted for Biden. Just going back to the status quo of pre-Trump is not going to inoculate the US against fascism because that situation arguably left the door open for fascist movements like MAGA to take shape in the first place. If Dems keep chasing Never Tumpers within the Republican Party instead of reaching out to the left wing of their own party that's not going to result in a better society, period. Obama signed indefinite detention into law and was musing about cutting social security with his Grand Bargain and people like Eric Holder said due process does not necessarily mean judicial process. The international accomplishments of the Obama administration (Paris Agreement commitments, Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action) also were frail enough that the next Presidency could just walk them back like that. So you tell me when the US is making progress when all the Dems are willing to do is keep things mostly as they are. Climate change is not going to be solved by incremental change at this point so that position has become unacceptable at this stage and yet people are reluctant to put pressure on the supposed mainstream of the Democratic Party.

In short, what people want is for the Democrats to embrace the positions the majority of Americans support (which also includes campaign finance reform and gun regulation by the way).

Also, more than just words next time, please. It's not enough that people like Nancy Pelosi go in front of a camera to say in the face of the California forest fires that Mother Earth is angry and call it a day when she's calling the Green new Deal the 'Green Dream or whatever'.

As a european I'm all in for Trump :) America first was the best thing to happen for the rest of the world (well except maybe China).

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 2:08 pm
As a european I'm all in for Trump :) America first was the best thing to happen for the rest of the world (well except maybe China).
F**ing the environment is so great! Soon we'll have eternal Summer in Europe! Of course, people will die when turning 60 because it will be impossible to survive the Summer, except by migrating from one hemisphere to the other every six months, like birds, but who cares ?

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 2:08 pm
Ban?