Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
SINCEPTION wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 9:19 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 7:15 pm
StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 6:47 pm
Looks like all Irvine Spectrum IMAX showings are sold out this week.
They're not actually "sold out", the theater is just blocking ticket sales; apparently they're fixing whatever is causing the flickering

https://www.reddit.com/r/tenet/comments ... experience
God damn it I wish I had seen this earlier. I drove 80mil to a cancelled show.

The manager confirmed they’re not getting the 70mm print. As of now the film projector moved out to have the single laser in their projector room.
Yikes, hope they gave you extra passes. As an alternative while Irvine is down, I might try out the Regal Yorba Linda IMAX mentioned in that reddit thread. Single laser with 1.9 AR, but decent size, new construction, and good seats. Not sure exactly how big of a screen, LFE doesn't have measurements.

Photo from Yelp:

hotsauce32 wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 9:46 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:

They're not actually "sold out", the theater is just blocking ticket sales; apparently they're fixing whatever is causing the flickering

The manager confirmed they’re not getting the 70mm print. As of now the film projector moved out to have the single laser in their projector room.
Yikes, hope they gave you extra passes. As an alternative while Irvine is down, I might try out the Regal Yorba Linda IMAX mentioned in that reddit thread. Single laser with 1.9 AR, but decent size, new construction, and good seats. Not sure exactly how big of a screen, LFE doesn't have measurements.

Photo from Yelp:
I watched the movie at Yorba Linda. The seats are certainly comfortable. I estimate the screen height to be around 35 to 40 ft.
Last edited by dragon_phoenix on September 13th, 2020, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 10:56 pm
I watched the movie at Yorba Linda. The seats are certainly comfortable. I estimate the screen height to be around 35 to 40" ish.
3 to 3 1/2 feet??? :o

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 11:07 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
I watched the movie at Yorba Linda. The seats are certainly comfortable. I estimate the screen height to be around 35 to 40" ish.
sry i meant feet lol.

hotsauce32 wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 9:46 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:

Photo from Yelp:
That’s supposedly their IMAX? Looks like a liemax!

Well my buddy and his lady hadn’t seen it and we drove all the way down there, so we decided to see it in RPX format, which is almost the same size as your pic! But projection is not IMAX, so you don’t get the aspect ratio. The sound was good, although they had a small sound issue at one moment that got me worried.

In all honesty they opened on a short noticed and seeMed to be short staffed. So I’m still grateful that I was able to see it especially with my friends.

Oku
dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 11:09 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 11:07 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
sry i meant feet lol.
LOL

we all know what you meant, but yeah, pointing it out is so petty and funny XD

I just got back from Indianapolis and saw this in 15/70. It's not a great print. Stretches of it are washed out, damaged and crush blacks and detail, especially the opening sequence but it's on and off the entire movie. That said, overall, it did look amazing and was well worth the 6 hour round trip.

I will warn those who haven't seen 15/70 yet, but at least in this print (and in Xenon), the overall visual approach also means Tenet just has much less IMAX eye candy than TDK, TDKR, Stellar and especially Dunkirk. I will say, the plane stuff, car chase, and final set piece did look amazing.

Sound was also mostly perfect. Great experience all in all.

PS, the others in the theater loved it.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 3:39 am
I just got back from Indianapolis and saw this in 15/70. It's not a great print. Stretches of it are washed out, damaged and crush blacks and detail, especially the opening sequence but it's on and off the entire movie. That said, overall, it did look amazing and was well worth the 6 hour round trip.

I will warn those who haven't seen 15/70 yet, but at least in this print (and in Xenon), the overall visual approach also means Tenet just has much less IMAX eye candy than TDK, TDKR, Stellar and especially Dunkirk. I will say, the plane stuff, car chase, and final set piece did look amazing.

Sound was also mostly perfect. Great experience all in all.

PS, the others in the theater loved it.

-Vader
so no issues hearing dialogue? Damn can someone collate a list of all theaters with good dialogue?

Who else had a problem with dialogue, not just because of sound effects/score but also because the center channels in the theater just... didn't sound good and clear with words?

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 3:43 am
Who else had a problem with dialogue, not just because of sound effects/score but also because the center channels in the theater just... didn't sound good and clear with words?
me. i watched in imax in 2 different Regal theaters and it was so hard to hear the dialogue.

seems like the people who watched it on 15/70 mm generally have no issues with it though. coincidence?