Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
hotsauce32 wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 1:49 am
Saw it at Regal Mira Mesa today. Presentation was fine. I knew going in that it was Liemax, but having been spoiled with 70mm at Citywalk for the last several Nolan movies, holy crap, Mira Mesa's screen is puny compared to Citywalk :lol:

Hoping we can at least get Irvine Spectrum open soon, even if it's just Laser
Irvine should be 70mm IMAX. I imagine it open with in week since Orange County Van now have theaters open

dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 1:16 am
Nicewatch wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 1:06 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 12:51 am

I will be so disappointed if they are not getting 70mm print =(
There’s AMC CityWalk that will almost certainly get a print (confirmed by CQO of IMAX). I had to drive 200 miles, 6 hours total round trip to see it in IMAX 70mm, still very much worth the journey.
Did you watch it at Las Vegas or Indy?
Ft. Lauderdale.

Apparently Irvine is showing it in Laser, not sure if it’s dual or not!

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 3:03 pm
source?

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 3:03 pm
also, if a theaters was just built in the last 2 years, does it mean it has to be dual laser? It is certainly certified laser by IMAX website. how can i tell for sure?

Just spoke to an employee of Regal irvine Spectrum. They opened today. The IMAX 70mm projector is still in the projection booth!!! but for some reason they are not playing the print of it. They are using IMAX laser. Here is the phone number: if anyone can try to convince them: 949 450 4920. Also I'm going to email the CQO of IMAX to figure out what's happening. I'll keep you updated!

Irvine has single laser. They will project it letterboxed at 1.90, same as the xneon system. At least contrast, color, and brightness are better in laser than Xneon. I agree, very frustrating.

Nicewatch wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 7:18 pm
Irvine has single laser. They will project it letterboxed at 1.90, same as the xneon system. At least contrast, color, and brightness are better in laser than Xneon. I agree, very frustrating.
Single IMAX laser won't fill the entire screen?

neb4ever wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 7:25 pm
Nicewatch wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 7:18 pm
Single IMAX laser won't fill the entire screen?
Correct. You'd need Dual Laser in order to match the same aspect ratio (1.43:1) as IMAX 70mm