⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 12:25 am
Oh, also I live for this sort of discussion on the books:

yeah that's great

That special theater only trailer announcement teaser released online, French dubbed version:

Nomis wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 11:00 am
That special theater only trailer announcement teaser released online, French dubbed version:

Tbh, it's much better trailer than this revealed before.

Agreed, yes that it's online!!!

Wonder Woman 1984 is delaying its release again, this time from Oct. 2 to Dec. 25 as the U.S. box office struggles to recover amid the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic.
The shift doesn’t impact the Dec. 18 date for Denis Villeneuve’s Dune, which Warner Bros. is releasing on behalf of Legendary.

From Variety

MaxContract wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 1:00 pm
Wonder Woman 1984 is delaying its release again, this time from Oct. 2 to Dec. 25 as the U.S. box office struggles to recover amid the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic.
The shift doesn’t impact the Dec. 18 date for Denis Villeneuve’s Dune, which Warner Bros. is releasing on behalf of Legendary.

From Variety
WB isn't going to release 650m-700m of product a week apart. Dune will move.

-Vader

m4st4 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 12:17 am
I stand with solo:

My favorite shot of the trailer. Most looking forward to her performance.

Was underwhlemed with the trailer if I am honest. I also am coming off of seeing 2049 last week in theaters and have to say I am not huge on it. Still optimistic about this considering the material and Denis being one of my faves.

what doesn't work for you with 2049 Durden ^

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 1:26 pm
what doesn't work for you with 2049 Durden ^

-Vader
Just feels cold. Style over substance. Almost formulaic with the revolution bits. I don't dislike it by any means. I watch it and the world building is amazing with some of Deakins best work then I leave the theater and its out of my mind. Seen it four times in theaters and never really stuck with me.

I have heard Dunes plot may be thin as well?

For me, BR2049 is his only film that truly works in the vein of his ambitious worldbuilding coupled with a mysterious plot (that he’s done with films like Incendies, Prisoners and Arrival). Typically he has a habit of wrapping things up way too neatly that it massively undercuts everything set up before and while BR2049 is simplified in its narrative in the third act, it honors and resonates with everything set up before which I can’t say for those other works.