[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I'm wondering why did the scientist who build the algorithm hide it's parts in 9 different places on earth instead of destroying it? She even took her own life so that nobody could force her to build more. The same applies to the Protagonist, Neil and Ives. So what's the deal with that, is it impossible to destoy?

Dobson wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 2:25 pm
I'm wondering why did the scientist who build the algorithm hide it's parts in 9 different places on earth instead of destroying it? She even took her own life so that nobody could force her to build more. The same applies to the Protagonist, Neil and Ives. So what's the deal with that, is it impossible to destoy?

-Vader

I don't mind the Algorithm being physical. Nolan didn't explain how the dream machine in Inception either.

Dobson wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to destroy. I mean it's not too far fetch to that in the future that people can come out data that cannot be destroyed. Even permanently deleting something on a hard drive is becoming almost impossible these days.

So what the hell was this picture?
We thought it looked trippy because there was some significance behind it but there wasn't.

speedy117 wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 5:46 pm
We thought it looked trippy because there was some significance behind it but there wasn't.
it's to show that they are actually in Oslo.

DON'T TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT, FEEL IT!!!

ALL OF YOU.

JUST STOP.

Now bow down to Nolan and repent for your sins.
Also because you're all fucking my head.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 5:52 pm
speedy117 wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 5:46 pm
it's to show that they are actually in Oslo.
No I mean look at JDW

Dobson wrote:
Maybe in the future there is not a place that is more secure than inside of a nuclear bomb in the present. Although it wasn't so secure because Sator got his hands on them anyway lol.

I need to stop coming here hahaha. But I was also thinking:
I wondered during my second viewing how much Neil was hiding/acting in front of JDW in almost all their scenes together. In Oslo, when they walk into the turnstile for the first time, he almost definitely knows it's a turnstile, right?