Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Is it just me to be disappointed overall by the soundtrack? There are only two tracks that really impressed me.
The prologue.

The track that JDW met Neil the first time which interestingly was used the first when we see Kat meeting her son after school!

The airplane crash really disappointed me.

But the sound editing of the battle scene that was reverted was amazing

KEM
Here’s my 747 remake!!!

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 1:15 am
Is it just me to be disappointed overall by the soundtrack? There are only two tracks that really impressed me.
The prologue.

The track that JDW met Neil the first time which interestingly was used the first when we see Kat meeting her son after school!

The airplane crash really disappointed me.

But the sound editing of the battle scene that was reverted was amazing
I'm not disappointed per se (I've had the OST on repeat as it's very much my shit in general, it's overall very great) but I do think Nolan tackling his most ambitious project with new collaborators in editing and scoring was a mistake.

Frankly, it exposes how much Nolan has relied on Zimmer and Lee Smith to help craft emotional through-lines and visual clarity in his movies for him, especially due to his ultra-loose two takes and check the gate shooting style.

-Vader

I think Nolan's philosophy was off with his choice for editing. Choosing someone who has the right 'eye' for editing or taste and using your power to lift them up from the indie scene is idealistic and all but is it really most practical? Would the result be any worse if he onstead took some random Mcu editor? Me think not

While the score is indeed good its very much a emulation of Nolans past greats, not so much a great in itself. I think you could have predicted it too based on Ludwigs past results...and again Im not so sure some random couldnt have done a similar job

That said Im (we're?) in the minority about the score

The TENET score is fine but i want zimmer back

I'm listening to the soundtrack a lot more than I thought I would. At first it just seemed fitting with the movie, but there's actually quite a lot that works on its own. The ones that keep bringing me back are Posterity and Rainy Night in Tallinn, but then I always get sucked into many others after as well. That said, my favorite score is easily still Interstellar's. It has the emotional punch as opposed to just being "cool" music.

I actually enjoyed the soundtrack a lot better with the movie than by itself. When the intense part in TRUCKS IN PLACE kicks in, and I'm listening on my phone, I almost cringe. But that's probably just because I'm not a fan of synthetic music. But when it kicks in during the movie? Absolutely loved it.

When Rainy Night in Tallinn kicks into overdrive on Dolby on the first watch, I knew immediately this was going to be the best theater experience I would ever have. The entire place rumbled like an earthquake. Unforgettable experience

Top Tracks:
Rainy Night In Tallin
Freeport
Windmills

Haven't placed the rest yet. Some fit better as part of the soundtrack than they do on their own(747, Sator).