Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Reading Cinemas Grossmont is showing it on 70mm in La Mesa CA.

Los Angeles folks, looks like San Diego movie theater openings are in full effect. Sadly, none of these are 70mm IMAX, or even Laser IMAX, but they're the best we've got right now.

Here's a list of six Regal and AMC IMAX theaters in San Diego, sorted by screen size (as reported by Large Film Examiner). All are open, and playing Tenet as of today.

Regal Mira Mesa - W: 57.5 ft. x H: 36 ft. (2,070 ft²)
AMC Palm Promenade - W: 58 ft. x H: 32.5 ft. (1,885 ft²) (note, this one is farthest from Los Angeles, it's practically at the border of Mexico)
Regal Escondido - W: 51 ft. x H: 33 ft. (1,683 ft²)
AMC Plaza Bonita - W: 51 ft x H: 32.8 ft. (1,672.80 ft²)
Regal Parkway Plaza - W: 50.6 ft. x H: 27.5 ft. (1,391.50 ft²)
AMC Mission Valley - W: 49.5 ft x H: 26 ft. (1,287 ft²)

I read that Orange County is supposed to be reopening soon, so our best bet for IMAX Laser (I believe single Laser) will be Regal Edwards Irvine. They state "Opening Soon" on their page.
Last edited by hotsauce32 on September 5th, 2020, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I went to the Mira Mesa one almost twelve years ago to see the re-release of TDK. It's not impressive for IMAX immersion. After all, it is a LieMAX screen.

I'm surprised that Mission Valley can even claim "IMAX." They have some seriously tiny screens there in the corners (where I saw Inception my third time, like a home theater projection screen almost), so I guess their largest screen gets the green light to get another hot name, haha.

hotsauce32 wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Los Angeles folks, looks like San Diego movie theater openings are in full effect. Sadly, none of these are 70mm IMAX, or even Laser IMAX, but they're the best we've got right now.

Here's a list of six Regal and AMC IMAX theaters in San Diego, sorted by screen size (as reported by Large Film Examiner). All are open, and playing Tenet as of today.

AMC Palm Promenade - 58 ft. x 32.5 ft. (note, this one is farthest from Los Angeles, it's practically at the border of Mexico)
Regal Mira Mesa - 57.5 ft. x 36 ft.
Regal Escondido - 51 ft. x 33 ft.
AMC Plaza Bonita - 51 ft x 32.8 ft.
Regal Parkway Plaza - 50.6 ft. x 27.5 ft.
AMC Mission Valley - 49.5 ft x 26 ft.

I read that Orange County is supposed to be reopening soon, so our best bet for IMAX Laser (I believe single Laser) will be Regal Edwards Irvine. They state "Opening Soon" on their page.
Excellent

jjm8750 wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 1:29 pm
Reading Cinemas Grossmont is showing it on 70mm in La Mesa CA.
Thank you :clap: , the first post is updated!

hotsauce32 wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 2:51 pm

AMC Palm Promenade - 58 ft. x 32.5 ft. (note, this one is farthest from Los Angeles, it's practically at the border of Mexico)
Regal Mira Mesa - 57.5 ft. x 36 ft.
Regal Escondido - 51 ft. x 33 ft.
AMC Plaza Bonita - 51 ft x 32.8 ft.
Regal Parkway Plaza - 50.6 ft. x 27.5 ft.
AMC Mission Valley - 49.5 ft x 26 ft.

Just to be clear, the dims in your post are width x height.

The opening soon status is on Regal's website for all the closed theaters, well at least the ones I looked at.

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 4:31 pm
Just to be clear, the dims in your post are width x height.

The opening soon status is on Regal's website for all the closed theaters, well at least the ones I looked at.
Yeah, editing that list to go by square footage instead of just width

Regal Mira Mesa - W: 57.5 ft. x H: 36 ft. (2,070 ft²)
AMC Palm Promenade - W: 58 ft. x H: 32.5 ft. (1,885 ft²) (note, this one is farthest from Los Angeles, it's practically at the border of Mexico)
Regal Escondido - W: 51 ft. x H: 33 ft. (1,683 ft²)
AMC Plaza Bonita - W: 51 ft x H: 32.8 ft. (1,672.80 ft²)
Regal Parkway Plaza - W: 50.6 ft. x H: 27.5 ft. (1,391.50 ft²)
AMC Mission Valley - W: 49.5 ft x H: 26 ft. (1,287 ft²)

Just FYI, I watched Tenet on IMAX 2D at Regal Mira Mesa a few days ago.

The sound wasn't too loud and I could hear 95%+ of the dialogue for the 80% of the movie. The only scenes where I can't hear much are:

1) Dialogue between Sator and JDW in the surfing scene
2) Military communication at Eagle Mountain scenes
3) 'Phone' call between 2 important characters near the end
4) Ending short, speech at the very, very last scene by a certain character

Probably a few more scenes where dialogue are purposely overshadowed by background noises or music, but those aren't important.

Overall, it's a very good experience.

Got tix for tomorrow’s 70mm in La Mesa :wtf:

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 3:17 pm
Got tix for tomorrow’s 70mm in La Mesa :wtf:
Not IMAX though, correct? Not knocking that at all, just asking since you posted it in this thread.

And honestly, even if it's not IMAX, I'd prefer that showing over the other SD IMAX postings that were being referenced (unless sound is piss-poor).