The Official Rank the Performances of the Cast Thread!

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Debecki - She makes the most of every scene and delivers the films highest moments. A beautiful character arc.

Pattinson - He is just naturally interesting in every scene. Always draws attention and consistently outshines others.

JDW - I think he struggles a little in more dialogue heavy scenes but no denying his charisma in others. Really finds his stride in second half

Branagh - worked for me for the most part and his dynamic with Debecki was genuine

Durden wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 4:20 pm
Debecki - She makes the most of every scene and delivers the films highest moments. A beautiful character arc.

Pattinson - He is just naturally interesting in every scene. Always draws attention and consistently outshines others.

JDW - I think he struggles a little in more dialogue heavy scenes but no denying his charisma in others. Really finds his stride in second half

Branagh - worked for me for the most part and his dynamic with Debecki was genuine
what type of theater did you see this in btw

-Vader

Nothing is open in Portland so drove two hours to Washington and saw it in IMAX. Was not the best theater for sure. Smaller Imax than Portland. The Sound was good though, didn't have that many issues. Going again sunday with a big group.

Pattinson was the best. Then Branagh

Why not more love for ATJ? I wasn't stoked he was in this, and his character at first just seems like generic military guy....but by the end I really liked him, couldn't even tell it was ATJ. He did a lot of little things that I really enjoyed.

josephcq wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 1:49 pm
Why not more love for ATJ? I wasn't stoked he was in this, and his character at first just seems like generic military guy....but by the end I really liked him, couldn't even tell it was ATJ. He did a lot of little things that I really enjoyed.
He's fucking awesome.

Did anyone spot
Jeremy Theobald? (of Following fame)
first time watching?

My ranking:

Pattinson
Debicki
Poésy / ATJ
Washington
Dimple Kapadia
that guy in freeport

Branagh

honestly speaking I don't like Tenet to a degree that I'm disappointed but Pattinson is really the saving grace. I think he is the real winner of the movie.

Grimm wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 2:58 pm
Did anyone spot
first time watching?
Yes!!

The Special One wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 3:24 am
Grimm wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 2:58 pm
Did anyone spot
first time watching?
Yes!!
I completely missed it first time, only after rewatching some scenes did I have the "I know that guy!" moment lol. Nice little cameo though :)