[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

raimibonn wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 3:13 pm
To me, this is the easiest and clearest chart, so far: How do I attach directly an image?
Now that's much clearer! It still doesn't answer the question regarding the car chase... I even have a further problem, which might be because I can't remember the exact dialogue there.
Sator says to the inverted Protagonist lying in the crashed silver car that he "saw the exchange", meaning that he saw how the normal P. threw the algorythm piece into the silver car. That's all fair, but... what happens after that for Sator? Because he gets the algorythm piece after all, but at that point - the moment of explosion - he doesn't have it, because normal Protagonist has it in his black car, having just retrieved from the truck... right? So how does Sator get it??

This definitely needs some clearing for me :D It's probably not a plot hole, I just can't connect the dots.
Edit:

Okay, I might know the answer:
Sator must have retrieved it from the silver car as it was parked outside the Freeport. Because, remember, inverted Protagonist goes to a parked car there. And upon realizing - in any timeline - that the silver car had the piece of the algorythm, Sator must have simply walked over to the parked car outside the Freeport and take it.

It's still a bit weird that the Protagonist doesn't look for that piece in the car when he gets into it... or I might be missing something still.

DHOPW42 wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 3:31 pm
It's still a bit weird that the Protagonist doesn't look for that piece in the car when he gets into it... or I might be missing something still.[/spoiler]
I myself still don't understand this movie, and may need a second viewing.

I remember, however, the Protagonist
looking around the back seat of the Saab after inversion and before heading out to the highway.

going to save everyone a lot of time by saying barely a thing in Tenet makes an ounce of god damn sense and that's okay

-Vader

666kalpa wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 2:10 pm
Excellent explanation wow what a movie!!

Mr. Alley wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 7:19 am
Has there been an explanation on why Neil looks and acts kind of exhausted when he first meets The Protagonist in Mumbai? (all sweaty and short if breath)
He's nervous from having to talk to JDW as if
he hasn't known him for years

It’s kinda blowing my mind that
Priya had seen The Protagonist before he first sees her in Mumbai. Maybe if he hadn’t had that conversation in Oslo about the 241 things would’ve been different.

I don't know if I'm missing something:
How/when Neil enters the tunnel to open the gate since it's ruined?

He inverts to the point when it's not destroyed.

But we see from normal/red point of view this: he backs to life, opens the gate, runs to the destroyed tunnel entrance.
It seems to me that if he enters before explosion then he must waits there some time hiding? I mean the timing when he steps in is so on point.
Damn it, I can't even articulate my point...
Could you be more specific about "before destroying", lets say summarize it or just un-invert Neil in that scene step-by-step? Somehow I just can't wrap my head around this scene, timing etc. and even switch pov in my head.