[Spoilers] Inversion scenes/ideas that you would have liked to see

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Oku
OK so one thing that I can think we can all agree on is that we wouldn't have minded more inversion scenes; or at least, I wouldn't have.

I guess that this could also serve as a scratchpad for TENET 2 ideas :ninja:

Off the top of my head:

- character moving backwards to pretend to be inverted, when he/she isn't: maybe it could serve as a big mid-movie twist, somehow

- character 'calling' inverted weapons to his/her hand, like using the Force in Star Wars: I thought that this was going to happen because of the lab scene with Ms. Poesy, and the Protagonist 'calling' the gun to his hand in the hallway fight in TV spots, but it never happened

I can't think of any more for now.

I was hoping to see the plain crash happening also in reverse :lol: but it did not happen.

Oku
Oh yeah, me too.

Off-topic, but that reminds me of when they are driving away in the ambulance, you can see that they drive by their inversed clones running backwards with Kat on the stretcher. :lol:

Would have loved to see the inverted car chase fully from Sator's POV like we see it fully from JDW's POV once he's inverted. Imagine seeing the car chase from 3 POV's and discovering new stuff everytime: 1) JDW not inverted 2) Sator inverted 3) JDW inverted. My jaw dropped thinking we were going to see the whole chase again from inverted Sator's view

Oku
Yes that would have been helpful, but I can see two reasons why he didn't:

1) he wanted to trust the audience and leave it up to their imagination

2) or maybe even he didn't know how the hell that chase would work from Sator's perspective. :lol:

Oku wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 9:42 am
Yes that would have been helpful, but I can see two reasons why he didn't:

1) he wanted to trust the audience and leave it up to their imagination

2) or maybe even he didn't know how the hell that chase would work from Sator's perspective. :lol:
I'm pretty sure it was the first option you mentioned, if there is one man who finds a way to work it out it's Chris :lol:

havent seen it but, is there any inversion while raining? i mean heavy hollywood rain haha not the prologue drizzle.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 3:56 am
havent seen it but, is there any inversion while raining? i mean heavy hollywood rain haha not the prologue drizzle.
Nope, that would have been cool!

MorenoVL wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 4:14 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
i dont claim to know how inversion fully works in the film but i reckon you enter the turnstile, fully wet, then you get less wet as the rain leaves your body and goes up, then you go back into the turnstile dry, i think, dunno gotta see the movie.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 4:18 am
MorenoVL wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 4:14 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
i dont claim to know how inversion fully works in the film but i reckon you enter the turnstile, fully wet, then you get less wet as the rain leaves your body and goes up, then you go back into the turnstile dry, i think, dunno gotta see the movie.
Your idea is not quite right, but I'll let you find that out in the cinema for yourself.
Have fun and enjoy the movie mate :gonf: