Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 11:32 am
StuFish wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 11:23 am
I’ve only seen it once(so far), so could someone clear up a question I have about the Opera sequence.

I get that The Protagonist and his team are there to extract their guy who has managed to get hold of the 241 (although they don’t know about it’s connection to the algorithm).

But I’m not 100% sure how the terrorists, Ukrainians, Russians and the General in the booth fit into everything.
Pretty sure it was a setup
To get the undercover guy and the rest of the team?

Do you think the Russians were working for Sator in some way?
Last edited by Ruth on August 31st, 2020, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: prologue spoilers

Oof, this one was rough. A big misfire from Nolan. Really unfortunate considering some interesting ideas, but it was just a mess.

KEM
StuFish wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 11:45 am
KEM wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 11:32 am
StuFish wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 11:23 am
I’ve only seen it once(so far), so could someone clear up a question I have about the Opera sequence.

I get that The Protagonist and his team are there to extract their guy who has managed to get hold of the 241 (although they don’t know about it’s connection to the algorithm).

But I’m not 100% sure how the terrorists, Ukrainians, Russians and the General in the booth fit into everything.
Pretty sure it was a setup
To get the undercover guy and the rest of the team?

Do you think the Russians were working for Sator in some way?
Today will be my first time seeing the film so I can't confirm yet but I would imagine they are, someone else will have to chime in though. But just from seeing the prologue alone I definitely think it was a setup the whole time

Use spoiler tag!

KEM
Demoph wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:23 pm
Use spoiler tag!
Come on bro, this is the user reviews thread and the prologue was released 9 months ago lol

Demoph wrote:
Use spoiler tag!
Will do, apologies for not tagging it.
Last edited by StuFish on August 31st, 2020, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KEM wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:25 pm
Demoph wrote:
Use spoiler tag!
Come on bro, this is the user reviews thread and the prologue was released 9 months ago lol
I agree with OP too. I would have preferred a spoiler tag. I've seen the prologue a few times, but i never fully concluded it was a setup or anything. It's hard being a nolan fan right now but not able to watch TENET. All i have is enjoying the good/bad reactions. i guess thats the risk i take, but that ended up being the first time i felt like i spoiled something. even though it seems minor. It hurt. I dont know what the rest of the comment said, i stopped reading as soon as i saw setup.

thedonkeywheel wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:50 pm
KEM wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:25 pm
Demoph wrote:
Use spoiler tag!
I agree with OP too. I would have preferred a spoiler tag. I've seen the prologue a few times, but i never fully concluded it was a setup or anything. It's hard being a nolan fan right now but not able to watch TENET. All i have is enjoying the good/bad reactions. i guess thats the risk i take, but that ended up being the first time i felt like i spoiled something. even though it seems minor. It hurt. I dont know what the rest of the comment said, i stopped reading as soon as i saw setup.
I’m really sorry guys, it wasn’t my intention to spoil anything for anyone.

Glad I didn't see it.

So today I watched it a second time. Still entertaining. Still thrilling. And this time I understood everything. So it was more appealing. Kats Climax is numero uno :twothumbsup: But the 2 biggest weak points are still present. JDWs missing character development and the editing of Jennifer Lame (often tooo fast, the viewer does not get enough time to process emotional scenes.
I'm talking especially about the scene where JDW got the news that his mates are all dead. He starts crying and just 3 seconds later it goes to business as usual. And the scenes after Kat killed Branagh. And maybe the ending frame could have lasted a bit longer)
I correct my rating from 7/10 to 8/10