Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
A Borges man wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 5:29 am
I find it really quite annoying when people talk about Nolan's filmography, usually saying that Memento is his best; or the Prestige, which has become the favorite Nolan film of film twitter. His Blockbusters have so much to offer, and he has evolved way past his early work into a different filmmaker, and I think a more confident, better one.
I don’t find it annoying but I understand your point. I believe sometimes it may have to do with people’s preference. Some people like smaller films better so when there is a large scale one, to them it might feel more spectacle centered than about being focused on storytelling’s depth I would guess. Each to their own.

I agree with you in that his big and wider projects have much to offer as well. He tries to make those ambitious films feel personal which I think deserves praise because in real life we are surrounded by this vastness (in many ways) yet each of us are going through it with a very personal and subjective perspective. Nolan, like any other director, isn’t perfect but he makes good quality movies at the very least even when they are big in scope. But he can’t please everyone and that’s just how it is.

Damn.

Judging by the reactions, I think I only wanna see this for mah girl Dimple.

rbej wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 7:17 am
misho92 wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 3:49 am
Are we really gonna sit here and use IMDb as a reference?
Yes, because you see like people rate Tenet compared to other Nolan movies. This is not important??. For me people's opinion is more important than critics, because almost every director create movies for people, not critics.

The Dark Knight: 9.0
Inception: 8.8
Interstellar: 8.6
The Prestige: 8.5
Memento: 8.4
The Dark Knight Rises: 8.4
Batman Begins: 8.2
Tenet- 8.0 (and dropping)
Dunkirk: 7.9
Following: 7.5
Insomnia: 7.2
Says who?

I can’t imagine many, if any, filmmakers go on IMDB to find out if people think the film they made is good. Filmmakers who are successful as Christopher Nolan will make the film they want to make.

I always thought that Nolan's fans were a lot smarter than an average movie fanboy who has a masturbatory, worshiping view on Rotten Tomatoes. Specifically, that goddamn percentage number that is the be-all, end-all for them. And despite how much in love they're with it, they still can't figure what the actual main number for the overall critic score is, or, let alone, actually go out and read selective reviews to receive a collective thought of professional critics (and a lot wannabee film critics, who are, unsurprisingly, approved on RT in rather large numbers). Guys, leave that pathetic shit to all the only-capeshit-is-cinema fans. Tenet got 80% score??? Oh, no, the humanity! Albeit its average score is 7+ and that makes it higher than most non-superhero blockbusters nowadays. Not that it matters anyways.

I will admit I do get triggered when I see a "1/10 worst movie ever" and then see that their top rated movies are 10/10 bad boys 4 Lyfe and rise of Skywalker. It's painful but I know I need to let it go.

Back up to 82% on RT.

I kind of like that Nolan's filmography is rated so wildly different from person to person. It's a testament to how good they all are, that one person's least favorite might be another's top pick. I think mine will always be The Dark Knight, but I'm sure some of that is just the nostalgia of experiencing that one for the first time. Here's to hoping Tenet can come close to that.

jetsdude wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 12:46 pm
I will admit I do get triggered when I see a "1/10 worst movie ever" and then see that their top rated movies are 10/10 bad boys 4 Lyfe and rise of Skywalker. It's painful but I know I need to let it go.
Why is it painful? People have different tastes. It's not a big deal somebody doesn't like what you like.

LelekPL wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 1:47 pm
jetsdude wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 12:46 pm
Why is it painful? People have different tastes. It's not a big deal somebody doesn't like what you like.
That's hard to accept for some people

Also how dare you don't like Dunkirk???? :evil:

126 reviews in, 82% and still not certified fresh. When do you guys think this will happen? 150? 200?