Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
jjm8750 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 8:44 pm
Do you think AMC Metreon will get a 70mm print? How big is the screen? Is it bigger then Citywalk?
For those who are asking about screen sizes, I highly recommend to check out the first post. I genuinely feel like wasted my time updating the first post and the list I made for large IMAX theaters that show mainstream/theatrical movies.

SINCEPTION wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 2:17 am
jjm8750 wrote:
Do you think AMC Metreon will get a 70mm print? How big is the screen? Is it bigger then Citywalk?
For those who are asking about screen sizes, I highly recommend to check out the first post. I genuinely feel like wasted my time updating the first post and the list I made for large IMAX theaters that show mainstream/theatrical movies.
You didn't for me, I've been referencing it a lot. Some people just don't know to go to the first post, or what it contains.

Take it from a teacher... I spend so much time making sure that everything I provide in a lesson is well instructed, written out in great detail, posted online, right in bold on the test, etc. but students gotta be imbecilic. Just a fact of life: know your audience, and be understanding when they're stupid, hah.

That being said, I'm not speaking ungratefully whatsoever, but do you know how to link directly to the specific post (in some links) you're referring to instead of just the specific page? I'm genuinely curious; I can help you by providing you those links if you'd like to edit them in so it doesn't take up any more of your time, if so.

Which theaters are people going to who live in the north east? (NY, PA, NJ, etc.) I'm in Delaware and watching it at King of Prussia, I think that's my best option until NYC opens up

Saw it on 70MM at the BFI IMAX last night. I was a little disappointed at the presentation. Have seen all of Nolans films there since TDK, this was the first time I noticed flickering of the image, especially on the bright scenes. It was very frustrating as I've never experienced it before! Sound was mostly clear and audible. I might've missed around 15% of dialogue throughout the film. The volume was surprisingly not that loud for an IMAX, especially the BFI. Maybe they lowered it? All of previous Nolan films have sounded alot more impactful on that screen. I was looking forward to the loud sound mix but was a little underwhelmed. I'll check it out in Laser at the Leicester Square IMAX next week. Saw Inception there last week and it was the best projection I'd ever seen of the film. Crystal clear image and amazing blacks. Even better than the DMR version i saw at BFI IMAX 10 years ago.

Never thought I'd say it, but Laser might be the way forward for me. I just wish they had kept the original 1:43:1 at most venues.

Anyone else have issues at the BFI?

Louder ≠ better. Big difference between actual clarity and being loud for the sake of being loud...many Imaxes average 100 db and peak at 120. 15 minutes at 100 db is ear damaging, likely permanent especially if youre a frequent Imaxer.

I for one would love to take a Imax that doesnt cause an earthquake

And Imax film always has some variation, some tiny flicker...I cant speak to Bfi as an American but I d not forego all that res and color just for a more consistent display

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 2:21 am
SINCEPTION wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 2:17 am
jjm8750 wrote:
You didn't for me, I've been referencing it a lot. Some people just don't know to go to the first post, or what it contains.

Take it from a teacher... I spend so much time making sure that everything I provide in a lesson is well instructed, written out in great detail, posted online, right in bold on the test, etc. but students gotta be imbecilic. Just a fact of life: know your audience, and be understanding when they're stupid, hah.

That being said, I'm not speaking ungratefully whatsoever, but do you know how to link directly to the specific post (in some links) you're referring to instead of just the specific page? I'm genuinely curious; I can help you by providing you those links if you'd like to edit them in so it doesn't take up any more of your time, if so.
I'm very glad to see at least someone is using it, ty :twothumbsup:

I've updated the first post:
- List of Laser projections updated
- List of US Large IMAX theaters are updated
+ The Orange cells, I need confirmation of their projectors, if anyone from here visits those theaters, please ask the theaters and inform me about them.
+ If I can get some info on the size of these theaters, it'd be fantastic!

hotsauce32 wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 4:12 pm
Ooh, I just realized the showing I'm booked for (Regal Red Rock IMAX) has "Closed Caption" on it. Might try to get one of those devices to understand the dialogue better.

Just bringing attention to this again, as I feel it will be helpful with the sound mix issues. Check if your theater will have closed captioning and request a device on arrival

hotsauce32 wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 1:14 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 4:12 pm
Ooh, I just realized the showing I'm booked for (Regal Red Rock IMAX) has "Closed Caption" on it. Might try to get one of those devices to understand the dialogue better.

Just bringing attention to this again, as I feel it will be helpful with the sound mix issues. Check if your theater will have closed captioning and request a device on arrival
Just letting you know that Regal uses CC glasses instead of the standalone display. They are a bit tricky, there is a sweet spot for the position where the captions become most legible. They have brightness control and a distance setting based on where in the auditorium you’re sitting. AMC and others have the external display that’s much more straightforward, but you have to position it just right to see the image and captions at the same time.

isi123 wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 12:01 pm
Saw it on 70MM at the BFI IMAX last night. I was a little disappointed at the presentation. Have seen all of Nolans films there since TDK, this was the first time I noticed flickering of the image, especially on the bright scenes. It was very frustrating as I've never experienced it before!
Flickering and strobing is a quality of film projection. The only way to eliminate it is to shoot and project at 48 frames per second rather than 24, which is what the IMAX HD concept was. They only shot and projected one short using that concept but it caused so many projection problems that it was never used again.

I never explicitly noticed flickering until after all cinemas had switched to digital and then I saw film projection for the first time in 5 years with The Hateful Eight in 70mm. Being aware that you are watching film being projected one frame at a time will make it more noticeable, most people are only aware of it subconsciously.

My trip is all booked now. Driving 4 hours to Indianapolis to see it this coming Weds, Sep. 2, staying the night across the street, seeing it twice on Thursday, then staying the night again because I'll probably be too exhausted to drive home.