Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM
Innovator wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 6:04 pm
I can't wait to listen to the soundtrack separately because it was so damn loud during the film that I really couldn't make much of it.
Was it awesome though?

Uno
KEM wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 6:13 pm
Innovator wrote:
I can't wait to listen to the soundtrack separately because it was so damn loud during the film that I really couldn't make much of it.
Was it awesome though?
I thought it was great, but a random guy in front of me had to cover his ears because it was too damn loud. Poor guy :lol:

KEM
Uno wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 6:37 pm
KEM wrote:
Innovator wrote:
Was it awesome though?
I thought it was great, but a random guy in front of me had to cover his ears because it was too damn loud. Poor guy :lol:
I don’t think we’ve gone one hour since the movie first released that someone has said something about the sound haha, can’t wait to experience it myself, I love my music really loud lol

Uno wrote:
KEM wrote:
Innovator wrote:
Was it awesome though?
i take it form the video tom cruise uploaded there are some really low and raspy bases in the soundtrack, and i though Dunkirk had a blasting bass, i better set myself up for bass city.

KEM
Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 6:49 pm
Uno wrote:
KEM wrote:

Was it awesome though?
i take it form the video tom cruise uploaded there are some really low and raspy bases in the soundtrack, and i though Dunkirk had a blasting bass, i better set myself up for bass city.
Did you see the prologue in IMAX? There's a bassline when they run towards the stairs that shook my entire theater, never heard anything like it

KEM wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 7:25 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
Uno wrote:

Did you see the prologue in IMAX? There's a bassline when they run towards the stairs that shook my entire theater, never heard anything like it
no sadly i only watched the bootleg, no nolan prologues in my country ever :thumbdown:

KEM
Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 7:56 pm
KEM wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 7:25 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:

no sadly i only watched the bootleg, no nolan prologues in my country ever :thumbdown:
Well I can assure you the bass is absolutely massive!!

Oh the bass was hella intense - THE WHOLE MOVIE!

Notes about the score no spoilers at all but will tag it just in case:
1. Prologue cue is intact but altered slightly
2. Trailer 2 (F3) is in the freaking movie. We’ve been listening to parts of the score all along. Piano, synth, string arpeggios and all.
3. F4 is also Ludwig if you weren’t sure.
4. “The Plan” instrumental plays during one sequence.
5. Elements from the song’s instrumental are all over the film.

KEM
Tarssauce wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 8:32 pm
Oh the bass was hella intense - THE WHOLE MOVIE!

Notes about the score no spoilers at all but will tag it just in case:
1. Prologue cue is intact but altered slightly
2. Trailer 2 (F3) is in the freaking movie. We’ve been listening to parts of the score all along. Piano, synth, string arpeggios and all.
3. F4 is also Ludwig if you weren’t sure.
4. “The Plan” instrumental plays during one sequence.
5. Elements from the song’s instrumental are all over the film.
Please tell me the music in the Eagle Mountain sequences is insane, and if you remember, where does the music from 2:45 in the final trailer play in the movie? (I hope Eagle Mountain lol)

KEM wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 9:07 pm
Please tell me the music in the Eagle Mountain sequences is insane, and if you remember, where does the music from 2:45 in the final trailer play in the movie? (I hope Eagle Mountain lol)
The music is definitely insane during the Eagle Mountain section. Teaser/prologue arp on steroids.

That motif(?) was used in a sequence (not Eagle Mountain) but I cannot remember which one. Will take note of it since I’m seeing it twice again tomorrow (I loved this movie but what the hell was I thinking when I booked two screenings on the same day?)