TENET - General Information

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
Posts: 709
Joined: January 2019
Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:27 pm
im wondering, and those who`ve seen the film can tell me without spoilers, how much time does the film span, like dunkirk is about a week in lenght, or inception that is more vague in its "in movie" lenght, im guessing months, but how explicit is the time passage in tenet ? are there big jumps in time ? like years later ? or is it all happening within a few days?
It is very explicit, and therefore a spoiler. Beware clicking.
About two weeks.

Posts: 100
Joined: December 2019
El Especial wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:08 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:05 pm
danevito wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:00 pm
Who has the record for longest drive to see the movie? I drove 5h one way and back today to see it in IMAX Laser 16:9 for my second viewing.
I'm conflicted on whether I should make the drive. It would be Los Angeles, California to Las Vegas, Nevada. Each way is about 290 miles, depending on traffic, 4.5 to 5 hours.

Without spoilers, how was the second viewing?

It's been my experience with Nolan's films that they're even better on the second viewing. Was definitely the case for me with Interstellar. First time was a bit confusing, but second time was when I fell in love with the movie.

Even had similar effect with Dunkirk. Not that it was hard to understand, but the structure of the movie just flowed better for me the second time.


You should just make a weekend out of your trip, Vegas hotels are pretty cheap right now.
Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:27 pm
im wondering, and those who`ve seen the film can tell me without spoilers, how much time does the film span, like dunkirk is about a week in lenght, or inception that is more vague in its "in movie" lenght, im guessing months, but how explicit is the time passage in tenet ? are there big jumps in time ? like years later ? or is it all happening within a few days?
Much better the second viewing. Like The Prestige, the intent is to make the movie better the second time you watch it. It might even need a third view :thumbup:

Its no obvious but I cant say more then that without spoiling some parts of the movie.
PM me if you want to know more or ask in the Review thread.

User avatar
Forum Pro
Law
Posts: 16998
Joined: July 2010
Location: Moonlight Motel
El Especial wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:08 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:05 pm
danevito wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:00 pm
Who has the record for longest drive to see the movie? I drove 5h one way and back today to see it in IMAX Laser 16:9 for my second viewing.
I'm conflicted on whether I should make the drive. It would be Los Angeles, California to Las Vegas, Nevada. Each way is about 290 miles, depending on traffic, 4.5 to 5 hours.

Without spoilers, how was the second viewing?

It's been my experience with Nolan's films that they're even better on the second viewing. Was definitely the case for me with Interstellar. First time was a bit confusing, but second time was when I fell in love with the movie.

Even had similar effect with Dunkirk. Not that it was hard to understand, but the structure of the movie just flowed better for me the second time.
You should just make a weekend out of your trip, Vegas hotels are pretty cheap right now.
So, don't go to a local theater because they're probably closed due to Covid.. BUT .. make a weekend trip to a major tourist attraction, stay the weekend and watch the film in a major city. Right.

User avatar
Posts: 1183
Joined: July 2011
Law wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 10:20 pm
El Especial wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:08 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:05 pm


I'm conflicted on whether I should make the drive. It would be Los Angeles, California to Las Vegas, Nevada. Each way is about 290 miles, depending on traffic, 4.5 to 5 hours.

Without spoilers, how was the second viewing?

It's been my experience with Nolan's films that they're even better on the second viewing. Was definitely the case for me with Interstellar. First time was a bit confusing, but second time was when I fell in love with the movie.

Even had similar effect with Dunkirk. Not that it was hard to understand, but the structure of the movie just flowed better for me the second time.
You should just make a weekend out of your trip, Vegas hotels are pretty cheap right now.
So, don't go to a local theater because they're probably closed due to Covid.. BUT .. make a weekend trip to a major tourist attraction, stay the weekend and watch the film in a major city. Right.
Image

Posts: 596
Joined: November 2014
The amount of people who want this film to fail on Twitter is so depressing. So much backlash, won't be surprised if it is swaying some of the reviews.

Posts: 210
Joined: December 2019
neb4ever wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 11:11 pm
The amount of people who want this film to fail on Twitter is so depressing. So much backlash, won't be surprised if it is swaying some of the reviews.
I couldn't care less. I got what I wanted, and that's a brilliant masterpiece by Chris Nolan that will be analyzed, rewatched and discussed in great detail for foreseeable future. It's going to be one of those cult classics with game-changing visuals and concepts ahead of its time, we just don't realize it yet. Screw the nay-sayers.

User avatar
Posts: 535
Joined: June 2017
Location: Holland
neb4ever wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 11:11 pm
The amount of people who want this film to fail on Twitter is so depressing. So much backlash, won't be surprised if it is swaying some of the reviews.
''People on Twitter''... :facepalm:

Posts: 127
Joined: December 2017
Location: Germany
neb4ever wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 11:11 pm
The amount of people who want this film to fail on Twitter is so depressing. So much backlash, won't be surprised if it is swaying some of the reviews.
People on Twitter = edgy loud minorities hating on popular people & things.
"Too much exposition in Nolan movies, ruined my childhood :( #cancelnolan"

User avatar
Posts: 19912
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
just burn this whole subforum to the ground


-Vader

Posts: 36
Joined: July 2020
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 3:08 pm
neb4ever wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 11:11 pm
The amount of people who want this film to fail on Twitter is so depressing. So much backlash, won't be surprised if it is swaying some of the reviews.
People on Twitter = edgy loud minorities hating on popular people & things.
"Too much exposition in Nolan movies, ruined my childhood :( #cancelnolan"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Reply