TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:27 pm
im wondering, and those who`ve seen the film can tell me without spoilers, how much time does the film span, like dunkirk is about a week in lenght, or inception that is more vague in its "in movie" lenght, im guessing months, but how explicit is the time passage in tenet ? are there big jumps in time ? like years later ? or is it all happening within a few days?
It is very explicit, and therefore a spoiler. Beware clicking.
About two weeks.

El Especial wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:08 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:05 pm
danevito wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:00 pm
Who has the record for longest drive to see the movie? I drove 5h one way and back today to see it in IMAX Laser 16:9 for my second viewing.
I'm conflicted on whether I should make the drive. It would be Los Angeles, California to Las Vegas, Nevada. Each way is about 290 miles, depending on traffic, 4.5 to 5 hours.

Without spoilers, how was the second viewing?

It's been my experience with Nolan's films that they're even better on the second viewing. Was definitely the case for me with Interstellar. First time was a bit confusing, but second time was when I fell in love with the movie.

Even had similar effect with Dunkirk. Not that it was hard to understand, but the structure of the movie just flowed better for me the second time.

You should just make a weekend out of your trip, Vegas hotels are pretty cheap right now.
Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:27 pm
im wondering, and those who`ve seen the film can tell me without spoilers, how much time does the film span, like dunkirk is about a week in lenght, or inception that is more vague in its "in movie" lenght, im guessing months, but how explicit is the time passage in tenet ? are there big jumps in time ? like years later ? or is it all happening within a few days?
Much better the second viewing. Like The Prestige, the intent is to make the movie better the second time you watch it. It might even need a third view :thumbup:

Its no obvious but I cant say more then that without spoiling some parts of the movie.
PM me if you want to know more or ask in the Review thread.

Forum Pro
Law
El Especial wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:
danevito wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 8:00 pm
Who has the record for longest drive to see the movie? I drove 5h one way and back today to see it in IMAX Laser 16:9 for my second viewing.
I'm conflicted on whether I should make the drive. It would be Los Angeles, California to Las Vegas, Nevada. Each way is about 290 miles, depending on traffic, 4.5 to 5 hours.

It's been my experience with Nolan's films that they're even better on the second viewing. Was definitely the case for me with Interstellar. First time was a bit confusing, but second time was when I fell in love with the movie.

Even had similar effect with Dunkirk. Not that it was hard to understand, but the structure of the movie just flowed better for me the second time.
You should just make a weekend out of your trip, Vegas hotels are pretty cheap right now.
So, don't go to a local theater because they're probably closed due to Covid.. BUT .. make a weekend trip to a major tourist attraction, stay the weekend and watch the film in a major city. Right.

Law wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 10:20 pm
El Especial wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:

So, don't go to a local theater because they're probably closed due to Covid.. BUT .. make a weekend trip to a major tourist attraction, stay the weekend and watch the film in a major city. Right.

The amount of people who want this film to fail on Twitter is so depressing. So much backlash, won't be surprised if it is swaying some of the reviews.

neb4ever wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 11:11 pm
The amount of people who want this film to fail on Twitter is so depressing. So much backlash, won't be surprised if it is swaying some of the reviews.
I couldn't care less. I got what I wanted, and that's a brilliant masterpiece by Chris Nolan that will be analyzed, rewatched and discussed in great detail for foreseeable future. It's going to be one of those cult classics with game-changing visuals and concepts ahead of its time, we just don't realize it yet. Screw the nay-sayers.

neb4ever wrote:
''People on Twitter''... :facepalm:

neb4ever wrote:
People on Twitter = edgy loud minorities hating on popular people & things.
"Too much exposition in Nolan movies, ruined my childhood :( #cancelnolan"

just burn this whole subforum to the ground

-Vader

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 3:08 pm
neb4ever wrote:
People on Twitter = edgy loud minorities hating on popular people & things.
"Too much exposition in Nolan movies, ruined my childhood :( #cancelnolan"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: